♟Chapter 3: Overprotective Mr. Afton♟

( Still no photo, as you know. It's pissing me off.)

Now listening to:

- Mad Hatter- 

- Melanie Martinez -

"I'm peeling the skin off my face,

cause I really hate being safe,

the normals, they make me afraid,

the craziest, they make me feel sane!..."

Mr.Afton stared at you with a blank expression, completely serious. He looked almost annoyed with your presence. He wrote something on the computer he had in front of him, just like Mr,Emily did before. Finally, stretching his arms a little while arching his already sore back, he sighed, analyzing you and your answers from the interview you just made.

" Well Ms. L/N... I guess my partner was right. You look good enough for the job, you look confident about yourself and I heard that..."  He looked at the screen for a brief moment and completed his sentence.

"...you were in a need for a job. All I have to say now is... Congratulations, you got hired."

He extended his hand again in front of you while congratulating you and forcing a smile. You looked at him happily; you couldn't believe it, you got the job!

" T-Thank you, Mr. Afton!... I'm so glad that I'm good enough for you and your friend Mr.Emily."

You shook his hand firmly while he looked at you with a grin on his face. Man, he really looked like a creep.

" Please go to my partner's office, he will give you your working schedule and the tasks for today. If you excuse me, darling, I need to do some paperwork."

Did he just called you "darling"? Blush covered your face while you looked at the floor embarrassed. You just got up and walked away to the door. You were about to go out, but he called your name.

" Y/N? Could you be so kind and go to the counter and order a large cup of coffee with no sugar or cream for me, please?"

You looked at the empty cups accumulated on his desk. He looked addicted to caffeine.

" U-Uh sure, Mr. Afton, I'll go now."

" Thanks, dear." 

And he looked back at the papers on his desk while taking a pen and writing something on them. He called you dear... Does he do that with every woman he meets? Based on his appearance, probably. You walked outside the office closing the door and approaching the counter where a worker chewed bubblegum while talking with someone. You noticed there was an endless line of impatient customers waiting to order. You walked till you were first, thinking that the order of your boss was more important.