♟Chapter 9: Casually, a man crying over his son's death♟

There you were, sitting on an ambulance on your way to the hospital. William next to you, gripping his injured son's hand and not letting it go. The child was all bloody, literally his head crushed. A gruesome scene. All the blood dripping from the bed, two paramedics stabilizing the child with basics, such as oxygen and medication. Tears streamed down your face, as you considered that child as your own. William had a blank face, emotionless, but tears were running down his cheeks. His suit was all bloody, his child's blood all over his hands.

'Oh...my...god...'

That was all you could think of right now.

You placed a hand on William's back, and soon felt his body trembling. He continued with an emotionless face, even if the tears had stopped. Soon the ambulance arrived and the back doors opened, revealing two paramedics with their blue uniform, taking the stretcher and leading it inside the hospital. A nurse soon arrived behind them and approached the ambulance, where William was frozen in place and you were trying to comfort him. The nurse led you two to the waiting room. You waited, until soon one, two three, four people started to enter the room where Evan was.

Henry arrived soon with a crying Michael and a scared Elizabeth. The little girl was on the man's arms and the teenager just sat on one of the chairs and cried in silence.

"How is it going? How's William?" asked Henry.

William just sat there, burying his face in his hands. You were about to answer, but being interrupted like Henry a few hours ago, a doctor with bloody uniform walked towards you.

"Mr.Afton?"

William snapped his head fast to the man, looking at him with hope in his eyes.

"It's me,please tell me my son is ok!" William pleaded.

"Well...Your son is in a coma. We couldn't do anything else to save him or leave him in a better state. He is using vital/life support right now, but we don't know when will he wake up. I'm so sorry, sir. This is even difficult for me."

William looked at the man in disbelief, but then his face turned into a blank one.

"Thanks..."

And then he stood up, took Elizabeth in arms, signaled Michael to followed him and walked outside the hospital. You looked at Henry who returned you a sad look.

"Let's hope he'll be alright later... I'll go close Fredbear's. You can go to your house and rest. For the next few days the dinner won't open. Goodbye, Y/N."

And then he left. You soon followed behind, remembering you needed to walk to the dinner to get your car. Arriving there you got inside, checking that the lights inside were out and there was only your car on the parking lot. You started your car and drove in silence with worry.

'The kids know the direction of my house...They would come to me if something happens, right?...'

You arrived to your house and opened the door with the keys, closing it behind you. A few seconds later, your phone vibrated repeatedly. You turned it on and saw who was texting you at these hours.

Abigail:

Hey Y/N! I heard what happened today at the dinner! It's everything alright? How's Mr. Afton doing?