Chapter 10: Keep going.

Now listening to:

- SUICIDE YEAR -

- WEEDMANE -

( no lyrics.)

( URL: https://youtu.be/WHj7WPeooCo )

(TW: DEATH, PANICK ATTACKS, SLIGHT DEPRESSION, MENTIONS OF SU!CIDE)

After finishing the chat with Henry and promising him you'll check on William you took a deep breath and went to check on the kids. You walked upstairs with only an emotion in your mind; worry. You didn't knew if William was alright, since he was just announced the day before that his kid was in a coma with a low chance of surviving. Not noticing that you zoned out, you bumped with the door of your room, hitting your head lightly in the process. It still hurt, anyway. With annoyance of your clumsy being, you rubbed your head a bit and sighed. Then, opened the creaking door slightly to reveal that the two kids were still sleeping, hugging each other.

It was such an adorable sight. Trying not to think about Evan and feeling the tears about to form for the third time in these two days, you walked to Michael's side seeing the teenager with an arm over Elizabeth's body, lightly hugging her. His fox mask was nowhere in sight, although you haven't really noticed if he brought it last night. You gently tapped his shoulder, making him shuffle a bit in bed and groan. After a while of him grunting and muttering indescifrable complains, he fluttered his eyes open and sat down looking around with a tired gaze. When he finally noticed you, a look of surprise came to his face, which he was quickly in hide while remembering last night's events.

"Good morning, Michael. How'd you sleep?" You asked him calmly.

He rubbed his eyes while stretching his arms, then noticed his sleeping sister beside him.

"Good....Thank you for letting us stay here, I hope we weren't a bother last night, we literally woke you up at 3 am..."

"Oh, no, of course not. Could you wake your sister up and get ready while I make breakfast? You uncle Henry asked me to drop you two in his house so your father can have some time alone..."

At the mention of his father, he stiffened a bit, hiding it immediately.

"Yeah, sure...I'll wake her up. After you drop us at uncle Henry's house could you check on my father? I want to know if he's ok after...yesterday. I can give you my house keys if you want."

You smiled lightly at him, him returning the gesture with a glimpse of worry in his eyes. He surely cared for his father.

"Of course I will check on him. I will need your house keys though. Now please, wake Elizabeth up and you two get ready, breakfast will be ready soon."

And with then you walked out of your room seeing Michael standing up and walking towards his still sleeping sister. You walked downstairs hearing low whispers in your way down, the sound coming from all the directions. They sounded exactly like the voices you heard last time, but this time you couldn't decipher what they were saying. That kind of calmed you a bit, but still you were scared since you didn't knew what were those voices or from where did they come.

Once you arrived to the small kitchen island you had in your house, you opened the fridge to see what would you give to William's kids. You found some eggs and bacon, some milk and cereals. Placing the pan in the stove, you cracked the eggs inside and after they were done you fried the bacon. While doing that you took two bowls and filled them with milk, then placed the cereals on top of the liquid. When the bacon was done, you placed all the four plates in the table, and called Michael and Elizabeth to eat.