12. Recognition

~🐣~

~🐣~

Dana

"Kookie! I've got two orders of pancakes, and one burger!"

"Alright, no need to yell!"

Laughing, I turn to the coffee machine as I start to prepare the cappuccinos that were ordered with the food.

Foaming up the milk, while the three cups are being filled with their shot of espresso, I look through the window into the kitchen to see how Jungkook expertly flips the pancakes in the frying pan. He sends me a quick wink as soon as he feels my stare on him before I turn back to the milk and pull it away from the nozzle.

Cleaning the nozzle with the cloth that's specifically for that one thing, I place the can on top of the counter and grab the three cups with their espresso shots, and put them on the counter as well.

One by one, I pick up a cup and pour the milk into it, making a heart design on all three of them at the end.

Knowing there is sugar on each table, I place the cups of coffee on a tray and serve them to the ones who ordered them.

Once I've placed them on their table, I hold the tray against my torso as I tell them that their dishes are still being prepared, before quickly turning away and going back to the kitchen. This time going in and leaning against the counter behind Jungkook.

"It's a slow day today, don't you think?"

He simply nods, focused on preparing the food.

Even though he's a great chef, and even though this isn't his actual job within his diner, he does tend to forget about the food whenever I come in here to chat a little with him.

Knowing this, I shouldn't bother him while he's cooking. But as I mentioned, it's a slow day and I'm bored.

"It looks like your day might just become a little more fun," Jungkook mumbles as he flips another pancake.

Curious, I look through the window to see what he was looking at. And when I see my favorite klutz, I run out of the kitchen and charge at him. His eyes widen a little as he spreads his legs a little so he can take the impact, right when I crash into him and immediately wrap my legs around his waist.

Taking his lips with my own, it takes nearly everything inside of me to keep both of us dressed and presentable. Reminding myself that I'm still at my place of work and that there are customers here, who are probably watching us right now.