-CHAPTER NINE: Kura Kura Arena-

BBJ had quit the Gathering Hub to rest in their hut. This was the second time they did this today. Mayday lay on her back with her hands behind her head, Zuke laying on his side.

"Why do we always end up here after quests?"

"I don't think we always come here that often."

"Well it feels like that for me."

Silence followed. Zuke cleared his throat. "You know what, May? I think I could go for some burgers right now. How about you?"

"Sure."

Mayday sat up in her bunk and climbed down. Zuke stretched his muscles. "Lunch is on me, May."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mayday and Zuke sat at their usual spot, waiting to be served. Auntie had arrived just in time.

"Oh! Bunk Bed Junction!" The honey voiced lady said. "I saw you on the TV in my cafe! You guys were so incredible!"

"Thanks Auntie!"

"Oh, Mayday. I almost thought you had died out there."

"But I was rescued just in time! Only I played dead in front of Zuke as a joke." Mayday uttered a snicker. Zuke just sat there, giving her a stone faced expression while resting his head on the palm of his hand. Mayday took notice of him and ceased her chuckling immediately. "But Zuke didn't find it funny."

"You really shouldn't have done that, May. You know I don't take jokes very well."

"I'm sorry, Zuke." Mayday looked down at herself, twiddling her thumbs. "I won't do it again."

"You promise?"

"Pinky promise."

Zuke nodded and turned to Auntie. "Anyway, May and I would like to have our usual today."

"Okay! Two rockin' burgers and fries coming right up!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After their fulfilling meal, BBJ had decided to have an evening stroll through Vinyl City. They were mindful to not linger around until midnight. Their hunting buddies walked by their side.

"It's a nice night tonight, meow." Spot mewed. "Just the purrfect temperature for an evening out!"

"It sure is, Spottie!"

The sun was setting behind the city, giving the bright skyscrapers of Akusuka to opportunity to glimmer in the night. At night, the district seemed more colorful and aesthetically pleasing. Perhaps this was why Akusuka was Spot's favorite district.

"Hey, Bunk Bed Junction!" A vividly colored girl swam right in front of BBJ, making them jump. "There you are! I've been wanting to ask you something!"

"Oh! Sayu! What's up?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to my arena fight tomorrow morning."

"You have a show tomorrow?"

"Yup!" Sayu nodded. "So, are you going?" She held her arms in a childlike manner and batted her eyelashes.

Mayday hummed, thinking of an answer. Zuke's gaze averted from Sayu and stroked his chin with thought.

"Pretty please?" Sayu's eyes grew bigger, like a dog begging for table scraps. As stoic as they were, BBJ couldn't resist those eyes.

"Okay! We'll attend your show tomorrow!"

"Really?" Sayu pirouetted with her hands folded at her heart. "Thank you so much! Ehek!"

"Have a good night, Sayu!"

"And you as well, Mayday!" Sayu squeaked as she swam away.

BBJ continued to walk home when Tatiana's face had flashed on the billboards, announcing her nightly updates: