-CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Queen of the Land, Rathian-

"Two juicy burgers comin' right up!"

Mayday and Zuke sat in silence as they waited for their hot meals to arrive.

The gruesome image of Nova's hammer squeezing the Tigrex's intestines out its mouth flashed before Mayday's eyes. She squeezed her eyes shut and puckered her face.

"Mayday, is something wrong?"

Mayday hummed. "Ugh, I just thought of DJ Subatomic's hammer crushing that Tigrex." She shuddered. "I still can't stop thinking about the guts squeezing out like toothpaste."

"May, you're making me lose my appetite."

"I'm sorry."

Auntie arrived at their table with two big burgers, fountain drinks and a large fry. It seemed as though Mayday's disgust had disintegrated.

"Enjoy!"

Mayday picked up her burger and eyed it hungrily.

"Didn't you feel grossed out before?"

"Nope! I feel hungry!" Mayday said, biting a chunk out of the burger.

+++
MAYDAY

I am trapped in the same storm as before. This place, I've been here already. I remember.

"Your time has come," the same booming voice bellowed. A sharp pain stung my head. I clutch my head like a Kulu holding an egg and scream.

My head felt like a grenade about to burst. My body felt numb and I knelt to the ground.

"Augh!!!!"

"You shall be my resonating slave for the rest of your worthless little life."

+++

Mayday jerked awake, still holding her head. She breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that the headache wasn't real—though it felt like it really was.

She looked around the dark room. Zuke and Star were fast asleep, and so were the palamutes and Spot. Mayday sighed and went back to sleep.

+++

The next day...

Before they knew it, BBJ had left their house and went straight for the NSR Tower. It was their next quest day.

"I wonder what monster we'll get to slay now." Zuke wondered as he entered the Gathering Hub. Mayday shrugged her shoulders. "Guess that's onto us to find out!"

Kliff was at his desk, this time doing something else besides writing and note taking. He had with him a plate with a hot slice of pepperoni pizza, and some cheesy breadsticks with dipping sauce. The smell was so enticing that Mayday wanted to devour everything on that plate.

"Hey Kliff!"

"Ah, Mayday and Zuke!" Kliff chimed. "Good afternoon! How are you this fine day?"

"I'm good." Mayday said. "Zuke and I would like a quest."

"Ah I've got a quest for you both!" Kliff exclaimed, excitedly flipping through his fat book with greasy fingers. "This one happened to have been left by a client!"

Mayday's eyes popped. "A request?"

"Pretty much." Kliff shrugged. "Anyway, the client happens to be DJ Subatomic Supernova. He left that quest for any hunter willing to go out and do it so he could pay them as a reward."