She's Completely Different: Valentina

[A/N: This is requested by @suoksy! It's been a loooong time coming but here it is nowww! In this oneshot, you and Val are working on the set of Rent Live though you have a bit of a past with each other. Inspired by S4E8 of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Now, I know Rent Live was traumatizing but endure it for the sake of this fic please lol!]

Note: Since I don't want to type Y/F/N all over this fic, let's just assume you have a friend named Ty here, okay? Okay.]

"Y/N! Guess what I just booked?" your roommate and one of your best friends ask, barging into your room where you're browsing through Backstage casting calls. The both of you have been living in New York City, trying to make it as a dancer. Unfortunately though, not much luck has come your way.

"NBC, BTCH!" they scream.

"What?! Oh my God, congratulations! That's huge!" you say, giving them a huge hug.

"Congratulations to you too!" They smile.

"For what?"

"Well, duh, I ain't going anywhere without you. I went out and recommended you since they're looking for more dancers."

You squeal, covering your mouth, eyes crinkled with happiness. "Ty! AS IN T TO THE Y, thank you!"

"Hold on now, save the hugs, you still gotta audition though I'm pretty sure you'll get it."

"The sole recommendation is already enough. Thanks a lot, bestie!" you thank them again and enveloped them into a big bear hug.

"Wait, I can't believe I'm just now asking this, but what's the show?"

Before you knew it, a couple of weeks went by; you did the audition, passed it, got a plane to LA, and well, here you are. The first rehearsal for Rent Live.

"I'm so excited!" Ty squeals.

You roll your eyes and smile, "Careful Ty, it's only our first day. Leave some energy out for others."

"Y/N, it's our first day! We have to get all that positive energy out now!" they whisper shouted dramatically.

"Okay, okay, but don't make me say I told you so." you laugh and let your eyes scour over the crowd of creatives. However, your eyes went back to the left side. Your face goes stark white, not blinking for even a moment, as if you've seen a ghost.

"Y/N, bich, you okay??" Ty asks, waving a hand to your face. Thankfully, the person you've been staring at for seconds didn't seem to notice.

"Yeah, yeah." you mumble, looking down.

"Doesn't look like it," they suspect, "It's the nerves, huh?"

You forced yourself to smile and respond, "Yeah, that's probably it."

They link your arms together, "Well, try to let go of it and enjoy this! We're part of an NBC thing, hello?!"

"You're right." you sigh and subconsciously hide your face from that person.

Minutes pass and the directors arrive. Everybody gathered around the spacious dance studio, with them giving an overview of what the following weeks are going to look like and some words of encouragement. Surprisingly and almost fascinatingly, she hasn't spotted you... yet.

The meeting proceeds with a roll call and you could swear you felt your ass clench with each passing name.

"Tinashe Kachingwe..."