Runaway Bride: Gigi Goode

[A/N: Requested by @AchlysWinter, inspired by the song Paubaya and Robin and Ted from HIMYM.]

Y/N'S POV

"How long are we going to pretend that there's not a problem? I-I keep thinking about that night and what you said—"

"I'm sorry, okay! I was tired, emotional, and vulnerable, I didn't mean any of it." I excuse, trying to conceal the big tear, that just keeps getting bigger as seconds go by, in our relationship.

"But you did. I know you did. I love you babe, I really do, but this isn't good for either of us... We can't do this anymore. It's just not healthy—"

"No, I-I know th-that we're having some problems right now, but who doesn't? Please we can fix this baby, I'll make it up to you."

"I want space."

"Space? Geege, isn't that all we have? We barely see each other."

"I don't want this anymore." she bowed her head down, sighed and said, "I don't even know if what I'm doing is right but all I know is that I need to end this."

Out of desperation and lack of need for anything rational, I kneeled in front of her. "Don't, please, Gigi-"

"Please, don't do this to yourself. I don't like seeing you like this. It hurts to see you cry, but we have to... we have to end this now."

"No we don't have to! Just please, please... stay. we can work this out. I promise I'll be better. Just give us a chance." I plead. Desperately.

"You're the bravest person I know... you don't deserve this. You shouldn't be crying that hard. You shouldn't be kneeling in front of me. I want to protect myself and I want to set you free, Y/N. I love you, I love you so much, I could never put it into words, and I have to let you go to make you happy, do you understand? It's all too toxic like this, I can't do it, I can't keep you—"

"Why? I just need you to trust me like I trust you... why can't you do that? Don't you believe in our dreams anymore? We had so many plans, right? What about our dream wedding? Our dream everything? Are you just going to give all that up?" She just stayed quiet, "So that's it? Gigi, 3 years. You're just going to throw it all away? You won't give me another chance to make things right?"

"I love you but I don't want to kill you. I can see you hurting, I know that you are. You're too precious for me to hurt you—"

"Then why?! I did everything I could for you! What more do you want?! What the f**k, Gigi! Are you really that heartless? Answer me please! I'm begging! I'm going crazy thinking where I went wrong. Answer me!" I exclaimed, wiping my cheek aggressively. "Don't do this to me." I pleaded with a whisper.

"A relationship shouldn't be this difficult, we both know it's time to let go. We both deserve to be happy."

"If this is about work, I understand, okay. I can take how many days off. I just don't want everything we've worked for to go to waste." I calm myself down, my voice getting softer as I mentally count up the ways in which I can fix this.

"It's easy for you to say that because you're not me."

"I know how hard it is, but we both know that this is the only way to achieve our dreams, right? We'll get married sometime in the next five years and glam the fck out of our house then travel the whole world free of work."

"Y/N what if... what if this isn't what I want anymore? What if I don't want to get married anymore? What if.. What if I only did it because I fell in love with you? Is that really your dream? What happened to your dream job, car, your passion? What about being the best wedding planner in the entire world? Are you really just settling for marriage?"