Chapter 16

New's POV

I was delighted by the response

I was delighted by the response. I hadn't seen the alpha since we met up this past Wednesday to study and vent to each other while studying. We had been in my room for a while, and I had even let Tay into my nest. I blushed as the alpha complimented me on how beautiful it was and how he could tell I had spent a lot of time on it.

Krist wasn't at home, so it was the perfect opportunity for us to try out our newfound stress-relieving method. We were both so stressed, though, that we just traded quick handjobs — which still worked, so I shouldn't complain — and called it a day.

Tay has a game tomorrow morning, so he's probably on his way to practice right now, ready to get some last-minute training and strategy in before the game. I felt bad that I wasn't able to attend again. It wasn't even a subject of my disinterest in sports at this point — I wanted to go at least once to see whether it was worth it — but I had an unavoidable dentist appointment, which was the ideal finale to a stressful week.

I made a commitment to myself to go to a game when we returned next semester.

I walked to the music wing to wait for Krist, whose last exam was about to finish in twenty minutes. We were both free after that. He and I were both leaving on Sunday, while others we knew, such as Gun, Win, and Tay, were staying until a few days before Christmas.

I was scrolling through a series of supposedly related memes that Win had sent me, oblivious to anything in front of me, when I hit a hard chest. I stumbled, gasping as I tried to regain my footing.

Two familiar hands grasped my hips, rings pressing into my skin, coupled with the rush of a familiar woodsy scent, confirming that the person I bumped into was Tay.

"Hey, New," Tay said, his voice bright with delight. I smiled at him before I realized he wasn't alone.

I was greeted with a familiar beta's smile and I accepted his handshake.

"This is New," Tay said. "He's carrying our pup. And New, this is my best friend, Singto. He's my co-president in the frat and a member of our basketball team."

I nodded and exchanged a glance with Singto.

"We've met." Singto nodded too.

Tay's brows furrowed as he looked between us. "How?"

"When I came to tell you about the baby," I said. "He opened the door for me."

"Oh," said Tay, patting Singto on the back. "What a gentleman."

Singto rolled his eyes. "C'mon, Captain. We're going to be late to practice because you wanted to talk to your omega."

Tay and I blushed at the same time.

"He's not my omega," Tay said, embarrassed. I avoided making eye contact, flustered at the thought of Tay recognizing me from afar and wanting to say hi. "You know that already."