Chapter 11

New's POV

During dinner, I ignored Krist's questions and concentrated on eating my lasagna and a banana milkshake, which I had been craving for some reason. When he asked, I told him that Tay had agreed to be involved and that I was confident the alpha would keep his promises. I had hidden his clothes in my room when I first arrived so Krist wouldn't notice, and it was torture knowing they were on my bed, ready for me to snuggle, smell, and leech comfort from any time I needed it.

So, after dinner, I politely declined Krist's offer to watch a movie, claiming sleepiness, which wasn't far from the truth, and raced into my room, slamming the door behind me.

Nesting was one part of pregnancies that I was well familiar with because of my mom. The process of creating a safe and comfortable environment for your future pups by using clothes, blankets, pillows, and, most importantly — imbued with the most soothing scents — their parents'.

I'd already started constructing my nest, with thick blankets around the perimeter with pillows and additional blankets methodically placed on top of them. I'd already resorted to wearing my most comfortable sweaters and hoodies to bathe them in my scent before tucking them into the gaps in my nest, but there was still something missing.

Something referring to the bundle of clothes I left at the foot of the bed, which was already smothering the room with the strong scent of pure alpha.

I took a deep breath and began working after inhaling the rich scent.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't bury my face in Tay's jersey and compression shirt for a few minutes to calm my inner omega, but I wouldn't be ashamed to shout it from the rooftops at this point — my brain had gone all fuzzy and foggy, and my omega was at ease surrounded by my alpha's scent.

No.

Not my alpha.

An alpha. Just an alpha — any alpha would do, and I'd still feel the same way.

Definitely.

I cleared my throat and reluctantly laid the jersey over a pillow — one of the innermost ones, right next to where I'll eventually snuggle up when I fall asleep. Then I continued with my routine: pick, smell, then place.

It was all based on instincts, which I've had since I was five years old when I made my first nest out of my mother's clothes and my favorite stuffed animals, and only she was permitted to enter.

I ran out of clothes all too quickly. I shifted things around a little, my brows furrowed and my nose crinkled with concentration. It has to be perfect — there should be no sagging pillow, no crumpled blanket, and no missing shirt or sweater.

It took me another twenty minutes to settle on a layout, and by then, my eyelids were closing and the wonderful blend of my and Tay's scents were seeping into my body and coursing through my veins, producing absolute serenity.

I dragged myself out of bed to clean my teeth and go through my skincare routine — I was curious to see if I'd acquire the usual 'pregnancy glow' that all expecting omegas seem to get, but that didn't mean I'd ditch my existing routine.

I then changed into sleep shorts and an old shirt that may or may not have belonged to Earth — the scent had faded but I was still clinging to it. I then turned off the light and went back into my nest, making sure not to disrupt my hard work and labor.

I sighed softly, drowsily curling into myself. I wasn't going to bed with a frantic mind for once. All of my worries, concerns and passing thoughts have vanished, and all I can think about now is inhaling the scent of wood sage and sea salt, as well as safety and... alpha.