Chapter 1

Three years ago on New Year's Eve Nathan had first turned up at Maxies apartment to sublet her apartment while she was going to be out of town. When he first saw her as she opened the door he felt like it was love at first sight. Maxie was the most beautiful person he had met and he felt like their was a connection there between them instantly.

Three years later Nathan and Maxie were so in love and it was coming up to their third anniversary of the day they had met. Nathan had everything planned for their third anniversary he was setting up the apartment to create a romantic atmosphere so that he could ask her something very important. He was setting up the bedroom and the apartment with candles and placed roses around the living room in vases then scattered rose petals on the carpet in the living room leading to their bedroom, then in their bedroom he scattered them on the carpet and onto the bed.

Nathan got changed into his suit and set up the table while he waited for Maxie to return home. He placed some candles on the table and lit them. He then went to check on the food. He started to empty the take out from the floating rib into the bowls and dishes ready for when Maxie walked in the door.