Epilogue (Pt 2)

(To be honest I don't have much else. I know there are a billion symptoms but I'll probably just skip to the birth cause time. Also children are boys.)

A few days before her due date Ericka felt like a rock. She didn't want to move or do anything. Drac kept telling her that she had to get up and move around to keep her blood flowing but she protested saying she could barely sit up on her own. She was considering getting an induction but he said to let the babies come when they're ready. Although she agreed with what he said she still was considering the induction.

She was getting what she thought were Braxton Hicks which were normal, but she realized about an hour later they were getting stronger and they were in fact real contractions. She panicked about letting it go for this long without doing anything and immediately told Drac they needed to leave, right then.

Ghost Mavis had been trying to cross over as much as possible, so while they left for the hospital Drac left her in charge to help run things along with Mark and Linda who decided to stay and help for a while. Drac quickly drove them to a hospital, Ericka had a contraction on the way there. Venus asked what was going on and they said she was going to meet her siblings soon. That made Venus excited.

They got there and checked in, they saw they also had Venus and asked if they wanted to drop her in the daycare until after the babies were born, depending on how long it took. They didn't know what to do until they saw it.

It was like a McDonalds play place but a lot bigger and more sanitary. They agreed to put her in there and gave her a name tag. She asked why she was being put in a room with a lot of children and they said they'd come back for her soon, and that she should make some friends in the meantime. She was confused as they left but decided to wander around anyway. They took Ericka to a labor and delivery room which was extremely nice. It had a bed, tv, tub, a ball, color changing LEDs, it was very spacious, and most of the monitors were hidden so it looked more inviting.

They got wristbands and the nurse set her up. Finding the babies heartbeats with little stomach straps, blue in color. They were found fairly easily except Mars kept moving around and wouldn't sit still for a little while. He eventually settled down. The nurse asked if she had been checked next and Ericka declined. She checked her and said she was almost two centimeters. She said she'd come back to check up on her in about an hour or so and that if anything happened she should click the red button next to her bed.

Ericka agreed and the nurse left. When she left Ericka tried to get out of bed but had to ask for help. Drac helped her up and he checked to see if she was connected to any wires. She had an IV in her hand so he had to grab the little rolling pole so she wouldn't accidentally pull out the IV while walking around. He asked when she wanted to go and she said over to the LED lights. He questioned her wanting to play with the lights and she told him to shut up.

She went over to the little dial and started to change the colors as she turned the knob. Eventually she landed on red and looked over at Drac. He immediately said no and she asked why not. He pointed out she's literally about to give birth but she argued that it makes it progress faster. He still declined and went to sit on a chair, arms crossed. She huffed and tried to go over to him, but she paused and held herself up with the pole, gripping it tightly as she released muffled groans. She agreed it might not be the best idea as the contraction passed.

Later the nurse came back as Ericka was bouncing on the exercise ball, playing on her phone while Drac was taking a nap. She asked if she could check her again as it had been about two hours since the last check. Ericka hobbled over to the bed to let her check and Drac woke up with all of the commotion. She was now at five centimeters, progressing much faster than she was with Venus. The nurse said she was going to go ahead and get the doctor on standby. She paged the doctor and got Ericka an oxygen mask saying she's been monitoring her vitals and that her oxygen levels seemed a little low. Ericka thanked her and used the mask as the nurse left again.