Chapter 4: Threatening Investigation From Robotnik

After the little encounter, Tom has the unconscious Sonic Ozzy's dog cage. He gently pocks Sonic with a spatula and moves his head a little. Since the cage isn't big enough, Tom has Eve next to the cage, and one of her wrists is handcuffed to the cage. He then does the same to Sonic with the spatula. He gently pokes her head and tilts her head. Seeing that they're not waking up, Tom places the spatula down and picks up the two quills he found. He holds it in front of the caged hedgehog and sees that they're a match.

Soon, Tom makes an intriguing discovery, "The Blue Devil."

He then looks at Eve and holds the black and red color quill towards her.

And realizes, "The Red Witch."

Tom then walks to the counter and ponders on what he should do. He never expects to have met the Blue Devil and the Red Witch, and that Crazy Carl is right about them being real. While Tom is pondering, Sonic and Eve regain consciousness. Sonic then opens the cage and climbs out as Eve is able to sit up, but notices the handcuff attached to her wrist and is linked to the cage. Sonic struggles to stand up as he uses the cage for support. Once he's done with that, he helps Eve back on her feet. They're both still a little out of it from the tranquilizer gun. Tom grabs his cellphone and turns around back to the cage, but gets startled to see the two hedgehogs up. Causing him to stumble back to the counter and drop his phone.

A little out of it, Sonic says, "Donut Lord?"

"It can talk. You're not..." Tom says, flabbergasted.

Then quickly asks, "You're not here to abduct me, are you?"

Eve narrows her eyes and says, "No. We're not. In fact, this is the opposite."

"You abducted US!" Sonic adds.

"Okay, that's a fair point," Tom replies.

Then asks, "What are you? Why were you hiding out in my garage?"

"We needed somewhere safe. And you're the only person I could think of, Donut Lord," Sonic answers.

"Why do you keep calling me Donut Lord?" Tom asks.

"'Cause you talk to donuts and then eat them if they get out of line," Sonic says.

"Which we find funny," Eve adds.

"Again, fair," Tom replies.

Suddenly, Sonic notices, Wait, wait, wait. Where are all the mushrooms? Why am I still on Earth? What is-"

He soon notices, "Oh, no! I lost my Rings!"

"What?!" Tom says, confused.

Eve sighs and says, "He's talking about a small satchel full of rings. I vaguely remember Sonic trying to open the ring to make a portal and you shot us both with a gun and got knocked out," and Eve doesn't sound happy with it.

"Oh right," Tom says, realizing what he did.

"Yeah," Eve says.

She then lifts her handcuffed wrist, "And I appreciate it you get this off of me. I promise I won't do anything harm to you."

"Oooookay," Tom says, reluctant.

Tom then brings out the key and uncuffs her, and rubs her wrist. Tom calms down a bit because Eve is living by her words.

Suddenly, Tom and the two hedgehogs hear a sound of a vehicle approaching outside. That vehicle is Dr. Robotnik's truck

Tom begins to ask, "What's happening? Is this your mother ship? I'm not in the mood to get probed."

"You think you're worried? I'm not even wearing pants!" Sonic says, worried.

Eve says, "This is serious bro, and that doesn't sound like a mothership. It sounds like a truck."