Chapter 5: Two Hedgehog and Donut Lord Team Up

After escaping Dr. Robotnik, Sonic, Eve, and Tom are riding on the open road in Tom's truck, and leaving Green Hills.

"All right, pal, you and your friend need to start talking right now. Who are you? WHAT are you?" Tom questions."

"We're hedgehogs! I feel like that's obvious. And I'm in big trouble," Sonic says.

"We both kind of are," Eve says.

"Oh, you're in big trouble? You're not the one who punched some government weirdo back there," Tom says.

"You think you have problems? I lost my Rings!" Sonic says, upset.

"Rings? What are you talking about?" Tom asks, confused.

"Okay, Rings are how all advanced cultures travel between worlds. And now mine are on top of a pointy building I've only ever seen on your skin tight T-shirt!" Sonic says.

"Hey," Tom replies, offended.

"So, I'd like you to take me and my sister to San Francisco so we can get back my Rings and use them to go to the Mushroom Planet," Sonic says.

"Mushroom Planet," Tom says.

"Yes!" Sonic says.

"Right," Tom replies.

And pulls over. "Okay, pal."

Then opens the passenger door, "out you go."

"I'm sorry, what?" Sonic says, confused.

"Look, this is the worst possible time for me to get myself into trouble, okay? You asked me to save your life, I saved your life. Now, please, go find your Rings and your mushroom land. Hopefully I'm gonna wake up in a hospital bed and the doctor's gonna tell me that my colonoscopy was a big success. Okay? So, goodbye."

"Okay. Goodbye," Eve replies.

"Bye," Sonic says.

The two hedgehogs then gets out of the truck.

"Goodbye," Tom says.

Then Tom notices the two hedgehogs are still standing next to the truck.

He then asks, "Why aren't you leaving?"

"We don't know where San Francisco is," Eve says.

"It's west," Tom answers.

"West?" Sonic questions.

"Straight shot, can't miss it," Tom says.

"Fine. That's cool. I'm totally cool saying goodbye now," Sonic says, and speeds off.

Tom then notices Eve isn't leaving with him, and crosses her arms.

"What?" Tom questions.

"Uh, maybe you should give us a map and show us instead," Eve says.

""I uh, see your point," Tom replies.

Then asks, "You should go catch up with your friend here."

"He's my brother, and don't worry, we should be back by..." Eve replies.

Then Sonic returns now soaking wet, covered in seaweed, with a fish on his head.

"So, as I crashed into the cold, dark water of the Pacific, I realized a few things. A, I have no idea where I'm going. B, salt water stings. C, I shouldn't even be on this planet right now, but I am! Why?! Because you shot me and my sister!" Sonic says, frustrated.

"I know," Tom replies.

"You shot us!" Sonic repeats.

"All right, I heard you the first time. You don't have to... pile it on. Good grief,"