Chapter 24 [Walk by faith not by sight..]

2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Aaliyah
_______________
Word Count: 4224

My nerves are through the roof right now as i press my foot on the ignition, i spent so long after yesterday just looking at this situation from every single perspective and to summarize i am completely screwed either way.

The only good thing that came from yesterday is how the day ended with maleek. After maleek had asked for my forgiveness and i so happily gave it to him, we finished baking the cake and i got some candles for him to blow out and make a wish, we stayed on facetime all night long and i just woke up with him on the phone this morning.

He said he is going home in a few hours which only leaves me a while to actually make a decision dont get me wrong i understand all he is going through and that he needs to go home, i just didnt think i would miss him this much even before he left...

I decide to play a little Christian music to sing along to, and hopefully calm myself down i put it to its highest volume and try to block out all of my nervous thoughts.

Im on my way to talk my father to him about my decision, He stayed in atlanta for a while longer just to enjoy his retirement down here. I try to do everything to avoid having to go back to work because every body understands that they are threading on thin ice, ive had to fire over 30 more employees in a day because of budget cuts and its not getting any better.

I cant help but remember the verse that maleek gave me the other day in corinthians. We walk by faith and not by sight... God has given me so much in these past few years and i found that i was idolising my company and the titles that i have over him time and time again, and well you know what the bible says, the lord giveth and the lord taketh.

Ever since maleek got here thats all the lord has been doing, taking away... But i have been telling him time and time again that i want to be a mother and a wife, now the opportunity is right in front of me and God is asking me if im willing to take that jump and walk by faith.

I wish i was but this is such a big risk, am i really willing to give up everything i have created for God's plan for me?.. I shake my head and try rid all thoughts yet again. My head has been full of doubt for so damn long, i just wish i could put my brain on sleep mode.

I pull up in front of my father's hotel and park the car.

"God, i pray you be my strength, i dont know what i plan to tell my father today but whatever you decide for me to do let it be in my favour in Jesus name, because im scared but.... but i trust you. Amen." I take a deep breath out and fix my makeup before stepping out of my car and walking nervously into my fathers hotel to meet him.

*

"Hello dad, how are you doing today?" I say trying not to stutter with anxiety. He is sitting in front of me in the private dining area. He is sipping on a glass of jack Daniels and im grateful because i know it means that he wont be 100% here mentally, maybe i should get him another 10 drinks just to be safe.

"I sense nerves.. speak to me." he demands while taking another intimidating sip. I take a gulp and his eyebrow raises

"Ive already given you a lecture about the company's profit, surely it hasnt gotten worse since then?" If only he knew...

"Dad im not going to lie to you, its bad. its real bad.." I admit while anxiously tapping my foot on the floor.

"Come on now grace, as much as it may seem like it, i really dont like shouting at you." He says with a grin on his face that relieves me a little bit.