Chapter 46 [Far more precious than Jewels..]

Ephesians 5:31

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

Aaliyah
___________________

Word Count: 6175

Its all going great. Its actually going great, i have seriously never went this long in our relationship feeling like for once things cant go worse. Maleek told me he is gone out for a walk, all he told me is that we were going out later on and that i should get myself ready for when he comes back.

"A fancy dinner will be the best way to end our trips before reality hits us like a truck" is what maleek told me to do anyways, and personally i couldn't agree any more!

Im in between the excitement of tonight and the frightfulness of tomorrow morning when we have to close the fantasy book of our relaxing trip and go home to the harsh realities of broken families, a funeral in the church and jobs...

The thought of it alone makes me want to get sick, so instead i do what i can only think to do to take my mind off of things, I play some worship and relax while i am getting ready.

I feel like people dont realise the greatest part of going on a night out is getting ready for the night out. The makeup, the hair, the dressing up.. as much as i hate to admit it being girly is the best way to go.

"stay with me! oh baba God wont you stay with meee-" I sing as the music blares from the speakers loudly. The villa has a nice and cool breeze coming through the open door as the long curtain blew forward and backward in the wind.

The tall open doors are opened leaving the sunset and the soft beachy sand to be my view reflected in the mirror of my makeup counter. i can see the waves of the sea smashing against one another in a gentle smooth way pushing on and off the shore. Ughhh i love this so much! I never want to leave.

I want to keep living in this fantasy even if it is all fake or if it is just some honeymoon phase or maybe its God giving us a much needed break that we needed before we come back.

I pick up my white glue and dab it on the wig cap that is blended into my scalp before i use the blow dyer to dry it until i goes clear while i hum the rest of the gospel song praising God in the best way that i can, singing.

I love singing. Even though i cant sing, i still love singing. I think it may just be my favourite form of worship. I can only imagine what heaven is going to be like, full of all of the laughter joy and singing possible.

I close my eyes and imagine it all as i sing the song and wave the blow dryer around my forehead. When i open them again i see that the glue is transparent and i take this chance to put on my jet black wavy bob  and melt it perfectly, the edges on it were already set so i moved onto my makeup...

*

"Are you ready yet? Damn, you girls take long to get ready." I hear maleek sigh from outside the bedroom door, i roll my eyes before i fluff my hair and get up from the seat. My face is beat with long lashes and a wing liner, blush contour smokey eye shadow and fluffy eyebrows.

"What other girls you know that take long doing makeup sir?" I question jokingly behind the door,

"You know what i mean, aaliyah." He says and i can hear him getting more and more frustrated by the second, it's hilarious how little men are required to do when going out.