Chapter 43 [Many are called, Maleek is Chosen.]

Matthew 22:14

For many are called, but few are chosen.

Maleek
—————————

Word Count: 5890

I have never believed i could actually have this type of peace. With all that has happened with pastor troy over the past few days i never thought my mind would ever be at rest, but sitting here with Aaliyah at this dinner outside in the midst of the ocean, all things are possible..

"Okay your turn.." Aaliyah says with her usual massive smile that makes me want to pull her closer. She has on a white jumpsuit that lays on the middle of her shoulders with some flower prints at least i think it is, i cant even focus on anything but her face as it glows even in the night.

Her brown eyes almost look like they are made of glass with how shiny they are, her hair thats in some neater long cornrows with all types of designs like love hearts and swirls in it.

She is just something else.

"Okay so what was the exact moment that i fell in love?" I ask trying to make sure thats actually what she asked..

She swirls her spoon around in her vanilla ice cream with mixed nuts before placing it carefully in her mouth...

"Mhhmmm, because i know you fell first." She teases before going back in for another bite, stay focused maleek!

"I think it was the time where you came into the office and showed me that stupid apology video for the whole situation at the real interview.." I said, i will never remember that time, it was the first time i stopped seeing her as just my assistant and something more.

She bursts out into laughter,

"No way! That was like our first ever fight, how could that be when you fell in love with me?" She giggled with a hand up to her mouth,

"Ion know, it was just a moment before that when you were setting things up and i just got to look over at you, i mean really look at you, get to see all of your features, i went home that night and couldnt stop thinking about you." She playfully pushed a hand up to her chest before laughing some more..

"Not to mention the fact you were the first girl i ever told pastor troy about.. i think he could see the change in me before anyone else could."

"Really?..." She asked with a look confusion on her face before she put up the spoon with some ice cream up to my lips for me to eat, i ate it and then continued

"Ofcourse, who else would i be talking to him about?" I question her, her face shys away from me leaving me wondering.

"Let me know.." I tell her while leaning forward into the table.

"Okay you are going to call me crazy but when i got back and saw you hugging that blonde woman i was literally burning with jealousy." Her tone is scolding which makes me chuckle

"I was starting to believe you couldnt even get jealous." I replied before picking up my own spoon and eating some more of the dessert.

"Oh i can get jealous! I just know how to handle it. but that day i just felt like you were moving on, like maybe you guys did something together when we were apart, you know?" She pursed her lips but kept her eyes on me the whole time,