chapter 11

Sean, a nasty son of a bitch, dropped into the seat beside them, followed soon after by Tate and Kevin.

"What are you doing here?" Demon asked Tate.

"Taking a break and waiting for my computer to scan some documents. What are you doing here when you've got a beautiful woman waiting at home for you?"

"Have we missed something?" Sean asked. He slapped the ass of a passing female waiter before turning back to the group.

"Demon has a woman whom he wants me to do a background check on. Only it's coming up with a few complications," Tate said.

"Complications?" Sean asked.

"According to my sources, his woman didn't really exist until three years ago."

"A fake identity?"

"I don't know. I don't want to start raising the alert in case she's in trouble. I imagine her description is just a pain in the ass, and my equipment is working slowly. I'm just running a few things through security," Tate said.

Demon stared at Sean. "I can run a few checks myself. Give me a name and age, and I can do most things."

Demon gave her name and age as he stared out into the room.

"Is she the one?" Sean asked.

Demon nodded his head. He didn't trust himself to speak. Even with his friends taking an interest, his instincts to keep her safe and away from the group rose to the surface.

"When do I get Rebecca?" Tate asked.

"When I get what I want." Demon finished his drink before he left. Spending time at the club usually relaxed him. However, thinking about Violet at his home alone did little to soothe him. He paid his bill and left. Sean promised to get back to him in a few days. Demon drove home feeling tenser than usual. Watching the couples in the vision room used to help relax him. He loved sinking inside the hot depths of a woman, but the only woman he saw was Violet. Turning down the road, he parked the car and made his way inside. The light in his study was on. Taking his coat off, he dropped his wallet and keys in the drawer before going to his study.

Violet was curled up in his chair, the light from the lamp shining on her as she read a book. He didn't see the title. Her arm rested on the side of the chair, and her head lay on her hand. It looked like she'd dozed off. He walked into the room. Crouching down in front of her, he took the book away from her. He held her hand in his. Brushing his thumb along her knuckles he turned her hand over. She breathed in, and he watched as she opened her eyes. Violet stared at him for a second, her hand lax in his.

"When did you get back?" she asked, her voice sleepy.

"A few minutes ago."

"I'm pleased you got back safely."

Demon smiled at her honesty. "I'm pleased to see you waiting for me."

"I didn't want to go to bed."

"Why?"

"It didn't feel right. I don't live here." Violet smiled at him.

"This is your home now," he said.

"I can't stay here, Demon. I have to go back home."

"I won't let you go," he told her.

Her hand tensed in his. She pulled away.Demon held on a little longer than he should. He saw the fear in her eyes.

"I'll take you up to bed."

****

Violet went to refuse, but he was already lifting her up in his arms. She didn't know where her voice went when he came close.

"Hold onto me."

She wrapped her arms around his neck, staring straight so she couldn't look at him. His strong arms held her up, and, God help her, she never wanted him to let go. His presence sent her heart racing, but he also made her feel safe. He was the only man she'd ever encountered who allowed her to feel like that. Even when he was bossy and demanding stuff from her. She felt safe because she knew he wasn't going to hurt her. They walked upstairs, and she couldn't hold back any longer. She stared into his eyes. Time stood still for her as she gazed at him. He stared back at her as if she was the only person left in the world. As if she mattered to him.

"I'm too heavy," she whispered, not wanting to break the spell.

"You're perfect."

He kicked open the bedroom door, placed her on her feet, and removed the robe covering her. She stood in the peach silk nightgown she'd worn the night before. Taking her hand, he led her over to the bed. Pulling back the covers, he helped her in.

"I'll be back in a minute."

"Shouldn't I have my own bed?" she asked as he was about to enter the bathroom.

"Why?"

"Wouldn't your girlfriend mind? People don't share a bed unless they're...." She felt the blush spread up through her body. "You know. If they're doing ... stuff."

"Are you offering yourself up to me?" he asked.

She shook her head. He let out a sigh, pulling his shirt up over his head. She stared at his chest. His muscles were clearly defined. Biting her lip she stared down at the bed as he walked over.

"You stay with me. I won't argue with you, Violet. I want you in my bed and so much more."

"What do you want?" she asked.

"I'm not going to lie to you, Violet. Only ask questions that you want to know the answers to." He took her hand and laid it across his chest. The heat radiated off his cock, down her hand, and warmed her heart. He looked so solid and safe. "I can wait. Ask me the question when you're ready for me." Demon kissed her on the lips before disappearing into the bathroom.

She lay in the bed, her fingers brushing along her lips where he'd touched. Her hand felt warm where she had laid it on his chest. She heard the shower switch on followed by his humming. He'd left the door open. Could she go and take a peek? She shook her head. People deserved privacy. Rolling over with her back to the door, she closed her eyes and tried to sleep. Minutes passed, and then the shower cut out. Violet heard him moving around. The bed dipped, and she opened her eyes. Demon lay in front of her,

Violet made to move away, but he caught her to him. "I'm not going to hurt you. Settle down and relax." She rested her head on his chest. Her hand was lying flat out in front of her.

"Do you do this with every girl you bring home from work?" she found herself asking.

"No. You're different."

Violet smiled despite feeling worried. No one had ever spent time with her.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Where are you from?"

The smile vanished. In order to stay safe, she had to remain quiet and alone. Extracting her hands from him she pulled away. She rolled over and faced away from him. The warnings from her mother rang in her head.

He curled around her, his leg going between hers and pressing against her mound. She bit her lip to stifle a moan. Then she became aware of his cock state. Violet jumped out of the bed with a yelp. The covers were still over his body.

"You're nacked." She glared at him as her body was on fire.

"Nothing is going to happen. Get into bed, Violet." She heard the command in his voice, and she hated it. She hated the way her body wanted to submit to what he said.

"No. I want you to put some clothes on, or I'm sleeping somewhere else."

"I'm not putting any clothes on. Trust me, Violet."

She shook her head and walked to the door. As she pulled it open a hand went by her head and slammed it closed. "You're not going anywhere but back in my bed."

{what is the past she is hiding 

will he be able to get it or make her just his other possession 

read to know ......}