chapter 26

"I love you, too, Demon."

Her words turned him inside out. Taking a breath, he cupped her face. "Thank you for saying the words."

"I mean them. I've never felt like this with anyone. I know you're my boss and older than I am, but I can't stop this feeling. I love you."

He wasn't going to be her boss for much longer.

Leaning over, he kissed her on the lips.

"What's going to happen when I do go back to work?" Violet asked. "Will you have to reassign me or something? I've not heard many tales of women falling in love with their boss."

"You won't have to worry about a thing. I'll take care of you."

"I want to work for you. Stacey has helped me greatly in the past few days. I'd love for her to get a bonus."

"You're not going to work anymore," he said. Violet would be with him. With his wealth, she would never have to work again. She could shop and stay at home. Within no time he'd have her full with his child. His cock came to attention at the thought of her swollen with his seed, ready to give birth to his children.

She moaned, and he knew she felt the stirring of his cock.

"I don't understand. Was I bad at my job?" she asked.

"No, baby. I don't want you working."

I don't want you near any other men. You're mine. I love you. I want you to stay with me.

The possessive feeling inside him was threatening to take over once again.

"You can't just expect me to not earn my own way."

"Baby, I'm rich. Wealthy beyond your wildest imagination. I don't need you to work, and to be honest if people found out you were working it would go badly for me. I want to look after you. Take care of yourself." He kissed her on the lips. "Make love to you every hour of the day."

"You're trying to shut me up," she said.

"Not at all. You're irresistible to me. Can't you feel my cock getting hard?" he asked.

She smiled and rubbed her against his groin. He knew it was only a matter of time before he was fucking her again on his office floor.

"What are your plans for tonight?" he asked.

"From what you've told me, I'll be serving my master."

Demon kissed her on the lips again. "You're going to be the death of me."

"I hope not. Besides you being bossy, I kind of like you."

"I thought you said you loved me."

"I do, but you're very bossy. And sometimes I like you, and sometimes I don't."

"I like you all the time," he said. Violet giggled.

"I've never been this happy before in my life," she said.

Demon held her as the questions of her past came to him. So much about her was confusing. Did she realise her accent came back with the throes of passion? She sounded British to him, but when she was in control, there was no accent in her voice.

"Do you want to tell me anything of your past?" he asked.

She withdrew mentally from him. Her body froze beneath his hands. Calming his anger, he glanced at the clock above the fireplace. When he was with her time seemed to move far too quickly.

"When you're ready to tell me, I'll always be here," he said. Hugging her waist, he kissed her neck.

"What if I'm never ready?"

He hoped she could begin to trust him soon.

"I'll still be here. No matter what happens. I'll always love you." Demon meant every word. Nothing would keep him away from her. Nothing.

Her hands moved over his, playing with his fingers. "I can't, not now. Maybe one day soon."

"That's all I need, baby."

He kissed her cheek and stared ahead at the fake fire. For years he'd wanted a real fire, but his father had replaced it with an expensive fake fire that looked like a real one. He stared at the glass reflecting their intertwined bodies. A tear slid from her eye and down to the carpet. The tear felt like a punch to his gut. Inside Violet were so many secrets, and he wanted to uncover everyone. He hated being in the dark. Violent dreams came to her every night, and he held her through them.

What could be so awful she was so afraid to tell him?

Closing his eyes, he counted to ten before opening them again. She lay in the same position.

"I got a call earlier," he said in an attempt to change the subject.

"Was it important?"

"Yes. We've been invited to go to my club, Possession."

"Possession?" she asked.

Smiling, Demon squeezed her waist. "Yes. I've got to tell you a little information about it before we leave tonight."

"Is this the club you disappeared to the other night?"

"Yes. It's an exclusive club. Only men with money can afford to get admittance."

"What about women?"

"That's the reason for the club. It's an exclusive gentlemen's club. No exceptions."

"Why do I have to go?"

"Because we've been invited by the owner, who happens to be a very dear friend of mine. I'm going to tell you a bit about my family and the club, and I need you to be quiet while I do."

"Okay."

"I come from a long line of possessive men. We love our women, and it's in our blood that they become our whole world. This is probably true for most men, but for a select few it can consume them. We feel as if we can't go on without knowing everything about our women. We hate seeing when another man is touching her or talking to her. To a certain point, we begin to own you." Demon stopped. Each word sounded worse than the last.

"You're a select club who can't bear to think of your woman with another man, and so in order for you to be around like-minded men, you go to a club called Possession," Violet said.

"Yes."

"Do you nickname yourselves 'The Owners'?" she asked with a giggle.

"Yes." Her giggling stopped. "What I just said applies to you. I feel as if I own you. I want to possess you and be everything to you."

She didn't say a word.

"Violet, will you come with me tonight?"

"Are you asking me or telling me?"

"No one denies a request from Stephen."

"Then I guess I'm going."

****

Violet glanced at the dress on the bed. Demon had said he would leave her something out which would be appropriate for the evening. After he'd explained about the club, he'd*** to her for the rest of the day. Anne stayed away, leaving them to their privacy. She picked up the small red dress. The waist looked too tiny for her to fit into. When she checked the label, she noticed it was in her plus size.

She removed the towel and took the underwear he'd placed on the bed. The thong irritated her as it settled between her but-cheeks. She'd never liked the thongs and preferred the full. She even liked those full that came up over her belly, especially in the winter. They kept her warm but were the most unattractive of underwear.

Violet walked to the mirror, settling the bra in place as it pushed her boobs up and threatened to overspill the cups. Her stomach wasn't flat and stuck out a little. Her legs were on the larger side of being nice. What did Demon like about her?

Pulling the dress over her head, she cried out. The zipper would need his instance. Demon walked up behind her making her jump.