Chapter 106 - Master Poison Facing Real Aiyara

Next morning in the Samrat Palace things got better. After the Empress woke up and recovered from the dangerous situation the atmosphere again turned normal as before. When Nandini woke up, it was almost noon. Manik has already left for his court work and instructed the two maids to take care of her. Like before the Rose Palace fell into its calmness again apart from the cry of the infant that could be heard from time to time. Maya was still residing inside the Rose Palace. It was because she just gave birth a few days ago and also her body is not in good enough condition to move around as she was still in her lochia period.

After Nandini got ready she went to the next room where the new mother was staying. Just as she stepped inside she saw Maya was breastfeeding the infant. There was a smile on her face as she was looking at her child adoringly. Nandini smiled looking at the scene and walked forward.

"Hope the new mother and child doing well"

Maya looked up in surprise. Though she knew that Nandini had recovered from the poison, she was not expecting her to visit the very next day. She gasped as she called out.

"Sister in law"

"What? Am I not welcomed?" Nandini teased.

"That's not what I meant" Maya panicked and in a hurry she forgot the infant in her arms and moved a little causing the child to cry. 

"Oh...shh..." Maya cooed looking down at her son.

"Why are you moving so fast?"  Nandini asked as she sat down on bed then gazed at the infant. The last time she saw him was the moment he came into this world and now this male is already 6 days old.

"Now you have a big responsibility and you can't rush things"

"Sister in law" Maya's eyes brimming with tears. After giving birth she fainted due to the pain she bore but once she woke up she heard that Nandini shielded her son from the arrow using her own self without thinking twice. The fact that she was also a pregnant woman and to sacrifice herself like this, this kind of action made Maya so moved that she is now admiring her sister in law's strength and courage. If she was in Nandini's place she would have thought about her child in her womb first before putting the duty of an empress first. But she also knew that Nandini and her are two different people and no matter how much she tried she couldn't match her ability.

"Don't you know, you should not cry like this. With such an act, you are not inferior to the child in your arms" Nandini gently wiped her tears before speaking.

"I have no words to describe how I am feeling right now" Maya shook her head "if it was not for you, my child would not be here in my arms safe and protected"

"My nephew has a long lifespan. How can a small arrow affect him when he just started to live his life? There's so many things he needed to achieve and learn and so many things he needed to show to this world. A child who was born during such difficulty is too precious to get harmed" Nandini replied.

Maya held her hand "sister in law, all I could say was thank you. You are like a god like figure to me and to my child"

"Don't talk nonsense. We are all family here. What's there to go for such formality?" Then Nandini's eyes fell on the infant who was drinking milk in his mother's arm calmly "how is he called?"

Maya glanced towards her son before smiling slightly. She looked at Nandini "that ...after he was born the palace is under such a huge chaos that we couldn't hold the naming ceremony" she said slowly.

"Such a precious little man" Nandini smiled and traced her fingers gently on his cheeks.

Maya watched how her son left the milk in half way and stared at Nandini with his eyes shining brightly. Seeing the act Nandini laughed out loud.