Captain's Tales: Castle of Ice

Unfortunately for (C/F) Cookie (and the cotton candy sheep that had gone with them as it was practically glued to their side), the light snow quickly turned into a raging blizzard, and they were surrounded by the darkness of the snow–stranded without a lantern.

"(C/F) Cookie!" They recognized the voice, but they couldn't tell exactly who it belonged to until cold hands pushed them forward, edging them onward. Sherbet Cookie was ensuring they got there, guiding them through the blizzard.

After what felt like an eternity–because even time itself seemed too cold to move–they reached the doors of the ice palace.

"I.. can't go with you any further..." He says.

"You've done enough... I cannot possibly repay such a debt as you have saved my life." They frown.

"You have much more you need to do, don't you? There's so much more you want to see and do, right? I know that feeling. Just remember that there's always a light there to guide you." He says, "The friends you have, the Cookies and creatures you know, they'll help you achieve what you can't alone."

"Baa."

"Cotton Cookie told you that, didn't she?" They say flatly.

"Maybe." He chuckles in embarrassment.

"She reminds me of someone, and that's something he would say." They shrug, "But, thank you."

"Good luck." He waves goodbye and disappears.

They push open the doors, stepping inside, the loud clop of hooves from their companion making them painfully aware of how still the actual structure was. Just like the Tower of Frozen Waves... but much less mysterious and welcoming. Even though they know they aren't by themself, they feel painfully alone.

But unlike the ice tower stretching to the Moon, this place only took a few minutes to navigate to their destination.

"Are you the Frost Witch?" They ask the stranger upon the throne.

"What would you be doing here, disturbing me from my duty?" Her tone was as cold as the blizzard outside. "You are not one of the Frost Children, you have no business here Cookie-with-a-Sword."

"Indeed I do not. Nothing that would ever be of much concern to you." (C/F) Cookie replies. "But a personal desire has brought me here, and I do not wish to fight you for what I wish for."

"Personal gain serves no place in the way of Nature. Begone from this place, or perish."

"Baa." They had forgotten about their companion, which is impressive because it was practically their shadow, and had been for so long.

"Not even going to let me ask a question after I came all this way?" They frown.

"Wasting your breath is of no purpose to me; I simply carry out my mission. Stay, and you will regret it."

"I will not leave without asking."

"Then you too shall be returned to Nature." She raises her staff, slamming it back onto the ice.

Before (C/F) Cookie even realized what happened, a fluffy body shoved them out of the way before getting encased in ice itself.
For being their little shadow that they ignored and belittled so often, they had been saved because of the kindness of the sheep.

The sound of shattering ice was deafening.

They had to quickly reach to catch the frozen animal before it crashed to the floor.

Frost Queen Cookie also seems taken aback by the action.

"Seems as though fate has different plans for me." (C/F) Cookie turns, leaving the way they had come, with the ice cube in their arms. It was only then that they felt truly alone for the first time in their life.