(Joke) Captain and King

(aka, the April Fools Chapter I was going to release, but needed all the stuff from the last few chapters to make sense)

(C/F) Cookie huffs hard as they try to finally win an arm wrestle against Hollyberry Cookie. These were a usual activity the two had when they saw each other and they had never beaten her, though–like today–they have gotten close. Hollyberry Cookie's hand almost touched the table before their strength gave out and she pushed their arm all the way back around.

"Ha! I thought you had me there!" The Hollyberry Queen laughs, pulling her arm away, "I bet even my shield would've admired the fire in your eyes.

"Ow..." They shake their arm out.

"Just think, if you keep training, I may end up being too easy for you! You'll have to arm wrestle Dark Cacao Cookie!" She continues.

"I'll pass." (C/F) Cookie shudders, already knowing the terrifying amount of strength the Dark Cacao King wields due to Pure Vanilla Cookie jokingly asking them to bring him his sword and their arms nearly coming off when they tried to lift it. Not an experience they want to relive.

"One day you may change your mind." Hollyberry Cookie shrugs.

"I seriously doubt that." They shake their head.

"(C/F) Cookie!" Pure Vanilla Cookie announces his presence by calling out to his knight, "There you are! Oh, hello Hollyberry Cookie. Did I miss another round?"

"Yep! They nearly beat me this time too!" Hollyberry Cookie squeezes an embarrassed (C/F) Cookie in a tight side hug.

"Ha ha! Be sure to tell me when you wrestle again, that's something I'd like to see."

(C/F) Cookie frowns in embarrassment, staring at the floor.

"Hello." White Lily Cookie peers into the room, "It's good to see you Hollyberry Cookie, Captain (C/F) Cookie."

"Ah!" Hollyberry Cookie lets go of them and walks over to greet her friend, "Good to see you too White Lily Cookie! How are you?"

(C/F) Cookie is glad the conversation has moved away from them.

It was quite the beautiful day in the Hollyberry Kingdom. For some reason, Pure Vanilla Cookie and (C/F) Cookie were visiting the Palace, even though Hollyberry Cookie wasn't currently there–she was out on some adventure with her son and his wife in charge.

"Say (C/F) Cookie..." Pure Vanilla Cookie says as the two of them are standing in the main hall, "I'm having a bit of trouble reading that sign over there..." He points where the two royal Cookies are holding a paper sign. "Could you read it for me?"

"Of course." They squint over at what it says. ""U...R...A... wait." I SEE WHAT THIS IS! I refuse to be set up like this!" They sprint out of the room, sputtering in embarrassment the whole way.

"Crumbs..." Royal Berry Cookie frowns at the sign in his and Jungleberry Cookie's hands. (A sign that reads "U R A Q T"). "I really thought that would work..."

"...Do they just hate me or something?" Pure Vanilla Cookie asks them.

"Oh, they definitely don't." Jungleberry Cookie shakes her head, snickering. "If anything they–"

(C/F) Cookie wakes with a start, staring around the cave for any intruders.
"I'm never sleeping again..." A shudder runs down their back.

"Say, (C/F) Cookie." White Lily Cookie asks, having invited the Captain to walk with her through the greenhouse, "How do you feel about Pure Vanilla Cookie?"

"He's my king, and I will give him the respect he deserves." They answer without hesitation.

"But isn't he also your friend?"

They pause, noticeably going red before repeating, "I will give him the respect he deserves."

And now, the actual April Fools Day joke:

(C/F) Sheep wanders around the kingdom. They hadn't seen Pure Vanilla Cookie all day and, while they know he's perfectly fine on his own, they wanted to make sure he's ok.

"Baa!" They call out his name (not that anyone else hears it as such), trying to find him.

"CHA-CHING."

"Baa." (What?) They look around then spot a massive coin with Pure Vanilla Cookie's face on it.
"BAA—!" (WHAT THE—) They rear back on their hind legs, right when a mushroom is shoved in their mouth.

"Have a shroomie little sheepie..." The weird Cookie pats them before walking away.

Something feels horribly wrong. Like their privacy has been violated and their mind flipped inside out.

"I have decided... that I want to die." They say to no one.

"CHA-CHING." Pure Vanilla Coin falls over just in front of them.

"Doopty-doo, I understand that feeling!"

They stare at the regal looking Sugar Gnome, "Is... Are you actually Dark Cacao Cookie?"

"Yep!" He says, the look behind his eyes is exactly how they feel.

"And this is actually Pure Vanilla Cookie..."

"Yep!"

"What monstrosity am I?" They sigh.

"A sheep with a Cookie's face."

"OH WHY?!"

"Hi there!" Cotton Cookie greets (C/F) Sheep.

"OH! YOU look fine!" They scoff. "Why do I have to look absolutely horrifying?!"

"Have you tried looking like a Cookie instead?" She asks them.

They think hard, and feel themself switch to have two legs, "Baa."
Then they quickly switch back, "OH CRUMBS NO THAT'S WORSE!"

Cotton Cookie starts laughing loudly, "You looked better than half the Cookies here!"

"HALF OF EVERYONE IS SOME BEAUTIFUL CREATURE WHO LOOKS LIKE A MORE DETAILED VERSION OF THEM! JUST LOOK AT YOURSELF!"

(C/F) Sheep sits in the grass, still wanting to die, then spots a weird looking cake hound rolling around in it a little ways away."
Getting up to see who it was, they stare at the dog, who stares back at them, (pawsi—)pausing in its play.

"Sup." They say.

"What do you want?" He barks at them.

"I want to eat some grass without looking like a weirdo."

Silence.

"But what you're doing looks like fun." They flip onto their back and start rolling in the grass too.