Chapter 1 - Why Is Amaya This Quiet?

"Ahh!", Amaya said as she fell into someone's arms after crashing hard with him. She closed her eyes as she thought she will fall hard on floor but when realized that some soft cushion like thing she opened her eyes only to see Mantu looking intently at her. Amaya too for a second forgot about the world and looked at him lovingly.

Preparations for Rachita's marriage are in full swing now and everyone in the family was doing their bit. Whether it be Rama's mom planning an evil plan with her relatives or it be Mantu and Amaya working! Mantu was helping Atom in decorating the place with marigold flowers and it was, then Amaya crashed with him and all the flowers fell on them, but they were lost in each other's company. Even after Atom calling Mantu 10 times his heart was not listening to Atom because it was talking with Amaya's heart and cursing the minds to separate these two desperate lovers.

Atom came down from the ladder and tapped on Mantu's shoulder and said "What are you doing bhaiya, see you have increased our work" By the time Atom started picking up the flowers to put them back in basket, Amaya broke the eye lock and straightened herself. As Amaya did that Mantu too came back in his senses cursing Atom to break his only romantic moment with her. Even after Uma's constant nagging and lectures to stay away from Amaya and hate her for what she did, it was just impossible for him to stay away and hate was never a thing for him. He can never hate Amaya, even if she killed him for her selfishness he would have happily died for her...but right now he was hurt as Amaya was not even looking at him. Since the very 1st day of preparations he is continuously trying to provoke her to at least scold him or taunt him, but her eyes are just cold and not a single word uttered from her mouth. He tried that again. "What I did Atom. It all this big city's girl fault, walking in her own world without caring about anyone else that they also have someone waiting at home. And see she doesn't even know how to say sorry."

Mantu cursed himself for saying that to Amaya and only he knew how much apologies he asked from Mahadev after doing that continuously hoping Amaya to say anything. But she kept working with her head down. The tears welled up in her eyes as she stood up and said, "I'm sorry Atom I was talking to Sinha uncle about...dad's case and didn't see anyone of you. I invite you to eat dinner here only. It's almost 10, I know you must be hungry. Bring everyone" Atom nodded in agreement but Mantu said, "No thank you, we all will eat at my house only. I already told Uma to prepare food for us. You don't need to do this drama." Amaya disappointedly nodded as she quietly went away. While Atom and Manohar bhaiya asked Mantu why he talked so rudely to her, he thought, "Why Amaya is so quiet, there is something going on and I have to find it out! I have to help her."