Chapter 43 - Mantu's Memories

Mantu went inside the storeroom. Amaya followed him. It was still dirty. Amaya saw Mantu opening a big box and taking out a few things. Suddenly Mantu shed a tear. Amaya saw it and hugged him. "Does this box belongs to your parents?", asked Amaya and Mantu nodded. He brushed his tears as he looked around her said, "This is my amma's favourite saree. You will wear this today. I know it is a bit old and design is quite..." "Its BEAUTIFUL!", interrupted Amaya. She took the saree in her hands. "Such delicate embroidery, and the colour is so beautiful Mantu. I must say your mom's choice is amazing.", continued Amaya with glitter in her eyes. Mantu smiled softly. "Is this really mine now!?", asked Amaya and he nodded.

"Yes a part of my amma's stuff is yours now. And the other part will be for Chiklu's wife. That badi maa will decide as she knows what amma decided." Amaya looked at him in surprise. "There's more? Oh God I can't wait to see more of your amma's things Mantu. They must be so pretty. Your amma must be so pretty..." "Do you want to see her photo?", asked Mantu. Amaya nodded vigorously. "I know we should hang dead people's photo frame on the wall with a garland but I never did that. I never wanted Chiklu to ask me questions about them nor anything else. Neither did I wanted to see them regularly.", said Mantu as he opened a cupboard in which the frames were standing with garland's on them. The cupboard was clean and so we're the frames. Amaya held Mantu's hand as she slowly saw the photos. Why do I feel such a belonging feeling. She thought. She saw Mantu staring at the photos and hugged him. Tightly. As tightly as she could. Mantu reciprocated it.

He finally had someone with whom he can share his past. With whom he too can cry his heart out and no one will judge him. "Your parents are with you Mantu.", said Amaya softly as she looked at the photos again. Mantu nodded. He kissed her forehead tightly. "They must be so happy that you are their bahu.", said Mantu as he smiled at her. "They will?", asked Amaya. "Yes! Amma always told me to trust a person who understands you and accepts you as you are. And you do the same.", said Mantu as he cupped her face. Amaya smiled.

"I think you should get ready fast. You need to iron the saree as well.", said Mantu as he closed the cupboard carefully. "Do you have a blouse for this saree?", asked Mantu as he walked towards the box and closed it as well. "I think I have. You don't worry. I'll figure something out if I don't have in any case.", said Amaya and Mantu nodded. He went into the kitchen to clean it out as well. He knew that he has to otherwise Amaya will not like it.

There, Rachita didn't sleep at night. Sumitra did a whole mess drama about Rachita and even questioned her character. Rama finally shouted on his mother to shut her mouth otherwise he would leave the house. Rachita was devastated. She needed answers. She had questions. She needed her mom. But she has made a promise. Rama kept the tray of tea and biscuits in front of her as he said, "Rachita ji everything will be fine." Rachita nodded and before she could say anything, the door bell rang and Sneha was on the door.