Chapter 38 - Rachita stands up for Amaya

Sneha was devastated. She was sitting near the mandap with Jazz. Jazz was trying very hard to tell her mom the truth but she was just not listening. Everyone one else was sitting quiet. Sumitra too was crying for her son. Amaya and Mantu just left 15 mins before and Karan and Piya enters the the haveli. Piya was lying on her father's shoulder. She was still very much scared. She was not leaving Rachita's hand. Along with them Rama and Rachita entered. Rama was angry and disappointed. He held Rachita's hand firmly and assured her. Sumitra ran as she saw her son and said, "Where were you son? And why did you marry her... you know she..." "I know everything maa. You don't need to say it. I know everything.", said Rama coldly.

Sneha and Jazz too came running towards Rachita but she raised her hand and stopped Sneha. Jazz ran and hugged Rachita. "Why are you crying Jazz. And where is Amaya. Mantu told Rama na that they will wait for us;here?", said Rachita, worried. Jazz was just crying. Karan kept his hand on Jazz's shoulder as he asked, "Did they both got married?" "Yes! That's more important to know!", said Rama. Jazz nodded as she said, "Yess they did marry but..." "But what Jazz? Please tell me fast.", said Karan. "What is happening here?", said Sneha and she continued, "Did you all know that Mantu and Amaya are getting married here and why did you both went to the mandir?", asked Sneha. "Mom we all are repenting the punishment of what you did 25 years back.", said Rachita as she quickly turned to Rudra and said, "You tell me Rudra what happened here?" Rudra nodded and told her everything that happened post Mantu and Amaya's marriage.

Rachita was shocked. She looked at her mom with tears in her eyes. "Mom... you... you disowned.. disowned Amu... Amaya. How could you? How could you?", asked Rachita as she hugged Jazz who was continuously crying. "Beta, she insulted our family. If she wanted to marry Mantu, she would have told me. But she did this. Betaa...", said Sneha as she tried touching her daughter's arm. "Mom did you allowed Amaya to tell you the truth.", asked Rachita as she shrugged her shoulders. "Beta.." "Mom did you listened to what Amaya or Mantu was trying to say, yes or no!", said Rachita sternly. Sneha shaked her head slowly in a no. Rachita took a step back but Rama held her. Sumitra was about to say something when Rama spoke. "Maa, you did enough, you said enough. No one has manipulated me, no one has provoked me, I have seen everything that happened in the afternoon. What all you said to Chaubeyji and Amaya both. So stay quiet. Just stay quiet." Sumitra froze. Her son who never raised a voice on anyone shouted at her. He got to know everything.

Karan took a deep breath as he said, "Aunty, listen to me atleast. Me, di, Rama, Jazz, Rudra, Mantu knew everything but not Amaya. She just knew a part of it." And he told the whole story to Sneha and everyone. "That's what had happened. It was no one's fault just circumstances. Especially neither Amaya nor Mantu. And you all beated Mantu, and insulted him. You should all be thankful that he saved two of your daughters aunty. He saved your so- called respect. Do you think Rama would have kept Amaya happy if she married him or Rachita would be happy. No one would. But this is everyone's nature to react and not wait and listen to the person.", said Karan.

"Amaya was right mom, you never understood her.", said Rachita. Sneha took a step forward as she tried to explain her daughter her side. "No mom, I need no explanations. Nothing. I don't wanna know what made you do that 25 years ago. I don't want to know whether dad knew this or not. I don't want to know that who is my dad or why you did what you did today with Amaya. I am done. I have always considered dad... Rishi Mathur as my dad and I'll continue doing that. He considered me as his daughter till his last breath... Amaya was about to ruin her life because of me so both of them are my sisters and for my sister... I have decided... I'll not step into this house, until and unless you all accept them respectfully.", said Rachita and both Rama and Rachita walked away from the haveli. Sumitra and her relatives slowly left the haveli too. Piya looked at Rachita as she started crying, "Bui, where is she going dad!" Karan consoled his daughter as he went to his room with Jazz.

     There, Amaya was sitting in front of the mirror which was attached to the cupboard. She was recalling the events which happened today. A lone tear fell down from her eye as she recalled what her mother said her. Mantu slowly entered the room and closed the door. Amaya didn't noticed as she was too absorbed in pain. When Mantu latched the door, she came in her senses and looked at him from the mirror. He too looked in her eyes. There was silence. Complete silence.

Amaya broke the eyelock as she remembered what Mantu did two days back. The anger was not because of what happened. The anger was because he insulted his love for her, her love for him and their promises. He gave up on her when he shouldn't. This was not anger, this was disappointment, frustration, hurt, and heartbreak. Today it was mixing into an explosive combination. Deadly. Her eyes turned cold and angry and she started removing her jewellery. She was doing it in a hurry because of which her necklace stuck in. Mantu slowly walked towards her and started untying her necklace. Their hands brushed as Amaya too tried to help him and there were instant sparks. He held her hand and placed it on her lap. And resumed his work.

Amaya looked at him with anger in her gaze and then broke the stare. Tears welled up in her eyes. Mantu opened the necklace and it fell in her lap. She looked at him as she took the necklace in her hands and saw him removing earings from her ears. He dropped them and moved to the maang tikka. She looked at him continuously but he was busy removing her jewellery. He dropped the mang tikka and held her hand. He slowly touched her bangles and started removing them as well. He was doing it so slowly as if he has all the time in the world for this. Amaya looked at Mantu as tears started rolling down her eyes. Tears of anger. Tears of pain. Tears of hurt. Tears of separation. Tears of love
Tears of fear. Amaya was about to brush them but Mantu traced her face and removed the tears. "I am angry Mantu. And hurt.", said Amaya as Mantu resumed removing her bangles.