Chapter 28 - Tere Bina

Amaya was in her room, crying. She tried calling him but he was not picking up the call. She messaged him but he didn't replied. She even went to his house and Chiklu told her that all are at Rama's place. Her face was dug in the pillow as she again tried calling him and she could hear his caller tune near her. She woke up with a jerk and as she removed her tears and ran towards the gate. She was near the stairs as she saw Uma and Mantu together. Uma's hand was placed in his hand but he looked clearly uncomfortable. Uma saw Amaya as she ran towards her. Amaya stepped back and she saw Mantu trying to stop her. A fresh bout of tears filled in Amaya's eyes.

"Arre Mantu, I have to tell her the good news because she is the reason for it.", said Uma as she held Mantu's hand and said, "Mantu and I are getting married in 15 days. And you will help me get ready as you are making your di look so beautiful. Okay Amaya." Amaya looked at Mantu in disbelief as earth beneath her legs slipped. She held the railing as she trying to find her balance. Mantu tried holding her but stopped. It was killing him to see her like that. Those tears, those swollen eyes, and those distorted hair murdered him. Uma went downstairs stairs as she went to Jazz. Mantu was following her when he heard Amaya saying, "If you really think that by doing this, you will convince me to marry someone worse than you then you are wrong. In Amaya's life, it's either you or no one. Do you get that?" And she ran towards her room.

Just then Sneha stopped Amaya and said, "Beta have you made the list that who is dancing with whom.. tomorrow is sangeet na." Amaya nodded as she removed her tears and showed her the list on her phone. "Amaya...I am sorry beta. I promise, no one will ask you to marry until you are ready. Please stop crying." Amaya nodded. Sneha took her phone as she said, "Rama-Rachita, babuji-maa, bhaiya-bhabhi, neeti-jazz, amaya-mantu, and Piya. Piya will also dance. Okay. I think the list is perfect beta. Ladke wale will prepare their own stuff. I am really excited for Piya's dance though." And Sneha walked away.

Mantu, who was listening from a distance said, "Please add Uma in the list with my name. She is my...my.. fiancé..." Mantu couldn't say it any further. He choked. His emotions overpowered him as he tried hard to say. Amaya simply nodded as she looked in his eyes and typed Uma in front of Mantu and wrote, Karan and her name, "Select a song and come tomorrow. We will do some practice." And before Mantu could react she went inside her room.

It was morning and Amaya hasn't slept even for a minute. And so does Mantu. She bathed and came downstairs when she saw that Rama and Rachita were already there. Amaya told Rachita everything and she too was very upset almost devastated but she promised Amaya to not affect her wedding. Amaya smiled as she asked their choice of song and listened the song. This was the thing that Rachita tried putting an effort to. Their song was "Dekha hazaro dafaa". Amaya told them a few steps and asked them to rehearse. And in the same way everyone had a brief period of session followed by self practice. Piya didn't required any class because she was born talented. She practiced with her dad who knew nothing about dance.

The last session was of Mantu's. She purposely kept it in the last so that she can work properly with everyone. Mantu entered in the veranda and her heart skipped a beat. She was drinking water when Mantu and Uma came and stood in front of her. Amaya saw his face. It was faded, his eyes showed all the pain and burden he was carrying. Uma was opposite, she was happier than ever. Mantu looked at Amaya who too was visibly upset. She was wearing her sport shots with a neon pink T-shirt and a netted jacket. Her hair was tied in a bun but her eyes were indifferent. "So what song who both have chosen.", asked Amaya as she worked on her phone which was connected to the speaker. Mantu was quiet. Uma quickly replied, "We have decided 'Tere bina' from that Shraddha Kapoor movie...you...know". "I understood Uma. Wait the song is loading.", said Amaya as she heard the song and edited it. "So we will dance on these parts of the song, do you want to add or reduce more." Mantu was about to say something but Uma loudly said, "No we are okay."

Amaya nodded as she suggested them a few steps. She was continuously avoiding his gaze. But Mantu's gaze was fixed on Amaya and that's why he couldn't dance. He was unable to grab Uma on time thus she was falling again and again. After a few attempts Amaya said, "Mantu you need to focus on dance. Your performance is tonight okay and the steps are not that hard." Amaya placed his hand on her waist as she placed her hand on his shoulder and gave him instructions. He was not hearing anything at all just looking at her. But he danced perfectly. He was just going with the flow. She twirled around him and stood in front. "Uma did you get that?" "Yes", said Uma and she stood in front of Mantu. "Okay we will practice for the last time. I'm playing the song. Please remember the steps.", said Amaya as she played the song and Mantu again forget to grab Uma and she fell again.

Amaya took a deep breath as she said, "I think you both need compatibility. That is missing. You know some people are just meant to be with each other and some are just not.", said Amaya as she looked straight in Mantu's eyes. "What do you mean? We are not meant to be?", asked Uma crossly. "I am not saying this Uma, your dance is saying, I danced perfectly with him and you are not able to. Kuch tou galat hain na.", said Amaya as she came close to Uma. "Anyways you both try to practice this, I hope it turns out nice. I have shared the song Mantu.", said Amaya as she removed her phone and went away.