Chapter 22 - Amaya & Mantu share a Moment

Amaya angrily banged the door as she went inside her room. Her room was a mess. All the boys were getting ready there. Definitely it has to be. Amidst all those shirts and pants, she saw a neatly folded pant and shirt. "It has to be Rama's", sighed Amaya as she searched for Mantu's shirt. She couldn't find it anywhere, Amaya, disheartened opened her cupboard and there it was, his shirt neatly folded above his laptop and other accessories. She picked up that shirt and smelled it. It shouted that this shirt is of Mantu's.

She hugged that shirt and slowly wore it. She twirled in his shirt as she again smelled the shirt near the wrist and smiled. "Amaya....", said Mantu as he knocked the door and entered the room. Amaya stood straight as she saw Mantu, flushed in embarrassment. Mantu looked at her and for a second he was shocked, then he gave out a naughty smile. "So planning to wear this...for your performance ahh?!", said Mantu as he tried as hard as he can to contain his smile back. She was looking absolutely adorable. Amaya's face turned red in embarrassment as she was caught red-handed. She didn't know what to say. Mantu smiled and he took a few steps towards her. She also in his rhythm moved backwards and he pins her to the wall. She blushed hard, as hard as possible. His hand was placed perfectly near her face as he brought his face close to her. She closed her eyes as he whispered in her ears, "Get ready soon. Everyone is waiting for you, specially me.", And with that he left the room.

Amaya slipped to the ground as she heavily breathed. His closeness was killing her, but his love made her alive in a way which she never thought was even possible. She quickly removed the shirt and got ready. The world might think that she agreed to what nanaji said, but deep down only she and Mantu knew why she agreed to dance. That message which was an epitome of cuteness and love melted Amaya from the core. She was just dancing for Mantu eyes, for Mantu's heart and for their love. Nothing else mattered. None of it. She was getting ready for him and his eyes. She made sure to message di that she wants Mantu and her pictures as a couple and that she needs Mantu's complete reaction and Rachita definitely ordered Karan for that matter.

After 15 minutes, Amaya stepped down from the last stair looking like an Indian goddess. She wore her red anarkali suit with red churidaar legging. Her hairs were set lose which she partially curled, with a rep lips and simple eye make-up, made it impossible for Mantu to take his eyes off of her. She came with ghungroo in her hands and sat near Mantu. Everyone was busy with panditji and his chants. Rachita was sitting near Amaya smiled as she held her sister's hand. "You look so beautiful Amaya.", said Rachita as she put the kaala tikka behind Amaya's ear. "Mom told me that it protects from evil eyes. And you need it." Amaya smiled as panditji announced that the pooja will start in 5 mins. Jazz also appreciated her dress and so does Sneha. Amaya gave a forced smile. Uma was fuming when Amaya sat near Mantu.

Mantu didn't allow Uma to sit there and Amaya sat there. Amaya turned her face towards Mantu whose eyes were stuck on Amaya. His mouth was opened. Amaya laughed as she closed his mouth and Mantu came back in his senses. She laughed again. Mantu looked around as he was embarrassed. Amaya bent towards him as she said, "Everyone commented on my look except the one for whom I got ready." And with that she pouted. "I don't know what to say. You...look magnificent. I mean... ethereal. I mean...", said Mantu as he raced his mind to find adjectives for her. Before he could say anything else, Amaya said, "it's okay Mantu your eyes tell me what you are trying to say..." She smiled and joined her hands as the pooja began.