Chapter 42 - ManYa & Their Household

"Frienddd......", screamed Piya as she jumped in her place and Mantu lifted her up in his arms. "Piyaaa!!!", mimicked Mantu in Piya's voice and Piya laughed. "Hi Mantu. How are you?", said Karan as he entered with 3 luggage bags. "I am fine Karan. How's you and everyone at the haveli?", said Mantu. Before Karan could reply. Amaya shouted, "Please discuss everything later. Give me my freaking luggage. I need clothes." "What the hell happened to her?", whispered Karan. "Nothing. Amaya just being Amaya. Buddhu.", said Mantu as they all laughed. "I can hear you Mantu. Wait. I am. Coming.", shouted Amaya again. "Yes yes!", said Mantu as he signalled Karan to sit on charpayi and went in with the luggage.

Piya ran behind them and she jumped on the bed and hugged her bui. "Piyuuu.... my cutie pie... I missed you.", said Amaya as she hugged Piya. Smokie too entered the room and snuggled with Amaya. Amaya ran her hands on his fur. "You change your clothes, and do your stuff. I'll take both of them out.", said Mantu as Amaya nodded and Mantu closed the gate. He brought a glass of water for Karan as Karan sat on the charpayi. "Yes! Tell me! What happened!? You look tensed Karan.", said Mantu as he sat next to him. "Umm... Well the good news is Chaubeyji is fine. He gained his consciousness and will be back home by evening.", said Karan. Mantu nodded as he said, "Well that's a great news. What's wrong then." "Bad news is he condemns Amaya's marriage with you. He is not accepting it. He is angry." "Well... I knew that's gonna happen. But we didn't have any other choice. You know that!", said Mantu and Karan nodded vigorously and said, "I know and understand Mantu. You or Amaya are not wrong. It is the circumstances but he is not even listening. I tried a lot of times. But in vain. I am afraid that he might come here and take Amaya with himself back again." "But this is wrong, whether he accepts it or not we are married. Amaya and I have taken 7 rounds of holy fire. And the marriage is done. I will not return her to him. I know he will make her life hell." "You should neither. I suggest you to fill the form of marriage certificate as soon as possible. Then he can't break your marriage by his wish.", said Karan. Mantu nodded as he said, "Don't tell Amaya about this. She is quite happy right now. I don't want to ruin it." "Okay", said Karan.

Amaya opened the door, she was wearing shorts with her t-shirt. "I know I have to wear something Indian. I will surely wear it after bath.", said Amaya as she saw Mantu staring at her. She shied. "How are you Amaya", said Karan as he stood and hugged Amaya. "Fine. I am fine. Atleast better than yesterday or day before yesterday." Karan smiled. "Always stay happy Amaya. You know we were so worried about you.", said Karan as he held her hand. "I know.... but I want to know how's di. Is she fine?", said Amaya as she bit her lower lip. "She is absolutely fine. She accepted her truth very strongly Amaya. She wanted to meet you yesterday but you left the haveli before we reached.", said Karan as he noticed the sadness coming on her face. Sneha's last words came before her mind as she quickly rubbed them off. "I know. She is the strongest. She is our backbone Karan. But this time she is pretending. I know she is devastated. She needs me.", said Amaya. "Amu... I'll take you to Rachita di. Don't worry. We will go today itself.", said Mantu as he smiled. Amaya smiled back. "That will be good. Rama already told me to stop Sinha uncle to do any further paperwork regarding the haveli. Just collect the papers from him." Mantu nodded in agreement.

Karan continued, "I need a favour Mantu." "You don't need to, ask me Karan. You just tell me what I have to do." "Umm... I have to urgently leave for Lucknow. If you don't have any problem please keep Piya here for a week. I don't want her to stay in Mathur haveli. The place is quite negative right now. She will be comfortable here.", said Karan. Mantu smiled as he saw Piya playing with Smokie. "Piya is my favorite Karan. No problem. I'll be happy if she will stay here.", said Mantu as he looked at Amaya and continued, "Piya is more favourite than Amaya right now." Amaya started at him quietly as she raised her eyebrow. Karan laughed as he said, "I'll take your leave. Take care of both of them." He waved a bye and kissed Piya as he went away.

Mantu walked with him to the door and closed it. He turned around and saw an angry Amaya. She brought a few pillows from inside and she threw one of them on him. "What were you saying??", said Amaya as Mantu started running. "Ahh! I don't have brains... I am buddhu. Piya is your more favourite now." "I was just joking Amaya. Trust me.", said Mantu as he ditched a pillow. Piya was enjoying the scene. She too started running with them. Mantu picked her up and made her sit on the charpayi. "You will fall Piya. Don't run with us.", said Mantu and *Thud*. Amaya hit him with a pillow. "Ouch!", said Mantu as he turned around. Amaya laughed as she was about to run but Mantu held her hand and pulled her forcefully towards him. She crashed on his hard chest. She tried escaping but he picked her up and went inside the room. "Mantu I'll kick you.... Leave me...", said Amaya. Suddenly Amaya stopped.

She started looking outside. Mantu turned and saw no one. He thought badi maa has arrived. "What!", said Mantu. "Ghar!? It is a mess. We have to clean it. NOW." , said Amaya and Mantu dropped her down. "Do we really need to clean it?", asked Mantu as he came near his wife. Amaya pushed his face away as she said, "YES!" Mantu looked at her who already started cleaning. Deep cleaning. "I have never done this type of cleaning, not even at Diwali", thought Mantu as Piya too helped them clean in her own ways. Amaya was serious about cleaning though. Mantu was surprised. While Amaya was cleaning the cupboard Mantu said, "I never knew you know how to clean a house." "I lived in a house alone for 5 years Mantu. I know everything except cooking.", replied Amaya. Mantu nodded. "And why not cooking?" "I never really liked it. I tried a lot of times but I failed.", said Amaya as she stood up and went towards the kitchen.

Mantu ran and stood in front of her. "Mantu. Let me clean the kitchen." "You can't enter the kitchen without a bath. Badi maa told me. So you go now. I'll clean the kitchen. Then you come and do the pooja in the mandir and make some prasad.", said Mantu as he took the mop from her. Amaya nodded and said, "What should I wear?" Mantu smiled as he said, "Wait I'll give you that." And he went inside his storeroom.