Chapter 7 - Marriage Proposal for Mantu!

"How are you badi maa!? And how was your journey? I hope it was comfortable.”, asked Mantu as he entered his house with his Masi and Uma's badi maa which he almost considered as his own maa. Since childhood they shared a loving bond. Though he was not attached with his Masi much! "I'm fine beta! How are you!? I heard Rama is getting married. That's amazing right. I think you should too get married soon.”, said badi maa as she drank a glass of water. "Yes, absolutely I also think the same.”, said Masi.

Uma blushed as she listened this, they started this topic so fast that shocked even her but she was so ready this. She couldn’t wait to marry him and be his forever. Mantu too blushed as he heard and processed that and the 1st picture that appeared in his mind was of Amaya's, but he swallowed everything and said, I don't want to start this again badi maa. Rama found his bride on his own. I'll also find my own and then will get married, till then don't worry. But for now please leave this little kid alone. Good night.", and he went inside his room. "Arre, he went inside only. And how can he speak to us like this. Mantu will marry only that girl which we will choose for him. Okay we will see Mantu...", said Masi but badi maa was quiet, as she got a hint of love in his eyes. Mantu heard this but decided not to react as of now, he didn't bothered what others think or do anymore, his vision was clear now. He will do his own thing and that was final for him. For years he lived for others but now he wanted to live for himself and his love. That's not selfishness that's self-love.

It was morning and Sneha just reached her house. Everyone was very happy and Amaya was checking all the medicines and was giving her that. "Amu, you handled everything quite well, ehh! I'm so proud of you. From tomorrow the functions are starting. I want everything to be perfect for my perfect Rachu.", said Sneha as she hugged all her daughters, she couldn't believe that her daughters, her little daughters are so big that one is getting married. "Yes mom it will be prefect but you too have to recover fast and be perfect as well. Tomorrow is pooja and today I just have to give invitation cards to everyone and I'll do that soon. You rest. Me and Karan will do everything.”, said Amaya as she gave Sneha her meds and signalled Rachi di to help Sneha sleep. Rachi nodded as Amaya left the room. "Are all the invitation cards ready Amu", asked Karan. "Yes all are ready just two are left. I have already given half to Naniji which she and Mamiji will deliver to all the important guests of Nanaji, and others I will; like my friends, colleagues and others. Okay”, said Amaya as she wrote name on stickers. Karan nodded and picked up all the cards to place in the rented car. Amaya came with the remaining ones and sat in the car. "Where should we go first?”, asked Karan as he started driving the car.

•••••••••••••

"Mantu! Come here beta!”, called badi maa as Uma told them to talk about their marriage now only. Today Mantu already told Rama that he has to deliver a very important project and Atom and Rano will take care of the preparations. Though Rama was upset but he understood and agreed. "Yes badi maa, I am a little busy today, can I talk to you a little later.”, said Mantu from his room only. "NO, come here right now." Mantu made a face and walked towards his veranda. "Yes badi maa,what is the matter?" "Now I want you to seriously consider getting married. And I want yes as the only answer." "Badi maa...listen...", said Mantu just gathering words when Masi interrupted saying, "We think Uma is a perfect match for you. You both look great together." Masi ate a big piece of apple and stuffed her mouth while Uma blushed and looked towards Mantu saying, "I don't have any problem." Mantu's head spun when his mind processed all this information!

"Uma, marriage, but she is my friend. Now all the puzzle pieces were falling at their suitable places. That is why Amaya told Uma that night, that Uma won but when I asked her about that she neglected me. That's why Amaya is so hurt. It means she knew about all this. Uma loves me but how's that possible", thought Mantu as he sat back on the charpayi with a shock. "Tell me beta...are you okay with the proposal?", asked badi maa.  Even though she sensed that the love she saw in Mantu's eyes is not for Uma, she still tried when Uma requested her to ask at least once. "Mantu!? Is everything okay beta!", she asked again. "I can't marry Uma badi maa because I never looked at her like that and I can never will. She is my best friend and my responsibility but not my love. I'm so sorry. And..I... I...", paused Mantu as he thought of Amaya and closed her eyes. He needed peace, he needed love, he needed Amaya. "Arre, so what's the big deal...", interrupted Masi, "That will happen gradually beta. We consider it as a yes. Congratulations Uma...", said Masi as she gave Uma her ashirvad and hugged her. Uma beamed with happiness as she sensed her victory.