9

The six lit white candles sat on the coffee table, all the lights throughout the entire house were turned off. Daniel, Max, Andrew, & Jake were all sitting around the coffee table, the ouija board right in the middle of the table. Daniel and the others all put their right index fingers on the planchette, that was in the middle of the board. "Is anybody here with us? If so, give us a sign." Andrew asked the first question, listening for a sound that meant a spirit was with them. There was no sound and the planchette didn't move a inch across the board.

Daniel decided to ask the question again, so he cleared his throat, then he asked in a loud and clear voice, "Is anybody here with us?". They sat in complete silence, waiting for a answer, their eyes on the planchette. The planchette started to move, with their fingers on it, and it stopped at "YES". Sophia let out a small gasp as she watched what was happening from the couch. "What is your name?" Jake asked the spirit, and the planchette slid down and across the board until the letters it stopped at became a name. "Emily" Max read the name to the others.

"How did you die, Emily?" Jake asked her spirit, wanting to know how Emily died. The planchette started to move again, this time, forming a four-letter word. "Fire" Daniel, Max, Andrew, and Jake all read the answer out loud. Sophia shifted her body on the couch, her eyes on the ouija board. "Who started the fire?" Andrew asked, each of their index fingers still on the planchette. It started to move once again, forming a three word answer. "He made me," Sophia read the answer to her brother and his friends.

Daniel looked at his sister and Sophia looked at her brother. Suddenly, the planchette started to move quickly across the board, their index fingers still on it. Daniel, Max, Andrew, & Jake all stared in shock as the planchette moved rapidly up, down, and across the board, until it formed another three word answer. "He is coming," Daniel read the answer out loud to the others. "Who is coming?" Max asked Emily, but there was no response to his question. The planchette just sat there, in the middle of the board. "Emily, are you still there?" Daniel asked, worried they were now talking to another spirit.

The planchette slowly moved up the board, until it stopped at "No". "Who are we talking to?" Jake asked the new spirit, and the planchette started to move again, forming a four-letter name. "Zozo" Sophia read the name, still on the couch. "What do you want?" Daniel asked, his eyes on the board. It moved again, forming a three-letter word. "You" Max read the answer, his eyes shifting from the board to Daniel. "What do you want from me?" Daniel asked the spirit. The planchette moved again, forming another four-letter answer. "Kill" Andrew read the answer, and he looked at Daniel, his eyes wide with fear.

Suddenly, the planchette flew out from underneath their fingertips, soaring into the kitchen. It landed and slid across the kitchen floor, stopping half-way through the kitchen. Daniel got up and he went into the kitchen to retrieve the planchette. He flicked on the kitchen light and walked over to the planchette. He bent over to grab it when he heard the voices. Daniel straightened up, trying to make out what the voices were saying. "You're mine," one of the voices said.

He turned around to face the others, and he asked them, "Did you guys hear that?¨. Max stared at his best friend, as if he was going crazy, and he finally answered his question. "No, we didn't hear anything," Max said in response, then the kitchen door slammed shut right in Daniel's face. He rushed over to the door, grabbed the doorknob, turned it, and pulled. The door wouldn't open so he started to pound his fists on the wooden door. ¨Guys, open the door!¨ Daniel started to yell, and Andrew rushed over to the door on the other side.

Andrew grabbed the doorknob, twisted it, and pushed against the door, but the door still wouldn't open. "It won't open, Daniel!" he yelled back at Daniel. Inside the kitchen, the lights started to flicker on and off. Daniel heard the voices again and he felt there was something behind him. He quickly spun around, his eyes scanning the kitchen. He walked over to where the planchette was, bent over, and picked it up. Daniel straightened his back and turned back towards the door, then he felt it.