Chapter 67

“ A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society. ”

 –Billy Graham

(Paris, France: 11:30 PM)

Remaining sleepless and alone at the apartment's rooftop, Amnon anxiously sat on the ground and leaned his back on the balcony's concrete wall, recalling that conversation with Loki and his father that afternoon. He heard the Kree Eternal's prediction that he would die in the encounter with his sister and the accuser. Amnon and his mother were both alarmed of what Methu-Selah had spoken of. After Loki's visit, the young pink Kree reasoned at his father which they ended up debating. Amnon had mentioned that he didn't want the ancient Kree to die in his vision, becoming anxious for that mission. He thought of an assistance along with the MTF and the Rebel Forces, but Methu-Selah refused anyone to join his exploits. That had caused Amnon to feel dreary about his father's plans. 

Looking at the stars in the sky, he sighed heavily and anxiously thought, " I've just met him a couple of months ago. How come he would predict his death on that mission?! He's supposed to defeat Kasius, but why does he have to deal with his own sister? I don't get it! Why?! I just don't want to lose him that instantly. I have so many questions that I will have to ask him. I'm not that recovered yet from my tragedies, he has to help me to overcome this. I can't let him die alone! I need to find a way to help him. " 

Looking at the bright Sirius and Procyon running around the evening skies along with the other constellations, Amnon intently thought of asking for someone's help, perhaps it could be another joint mission from the MTF and Rebel Forces to prevent Methu-Selah meeting his instant fate.

" It must be something, " he snapped his fingers. " I need to ask Commander Roosevelt or anyone to approve this other slave den raid mission in Bulgaria, but would they approve it? Maybe or maybe not. It's just I don't want Old Methu-Selah to die before he has done his resolve, finding his own missing son. " 

The pink Kree slowly opened his mouth like a roaring lion and stretched his arms. Unaware of the Kree Eternal's arrival, Amnon heard footsteps and a sudden gust of wind. 

" You have been overthinking, my boy, " a calm and deep male voice echoed. " Why did we end up in a silent treatment until now? " 

Amnon slowly turned his head and was surprised to see the familiar blue skinned man with a ponytail, " Master! I didn't know you have just arrived! I thought you were angry at me for arguing with you! Mom and I got worried that you left and didn't eat your…" 

" Son, I just need my time alone up there, " Methu-Selah used his left index finger pointing above the stars and sat beside him on the rooftop's floor. 

"  Even our enemies never notice you? " 

" Amnon, you and I are both good at hiding, escaping, and diverting our enemies!  " his father chuckled and gently slapped his son's back. " Now, I wonder why your Kree genes are becoming dominant even you're unaware until now. "

" What are you talking about?! "

" Nevermind, " Methu-Selah humorously brushed off as his son became baffled by what he had said. Then, he changed into a sincere and serious tone and spoke. " Son, I'm sorry about what I said a while ago. You and your mother are too concerned about my prediction of seeing Mira again. " 

" Master, I'm very sorry too that I argued with you, " Amnon replied and bowed his head in shame. " It's just we don't want to lose you. I really mean it. We have been together ever since I almost killed you in Ethiopia, but that encounter turned into something. Now, I am so worried that you will never see your son again. Then, I have so many questions to ask you. Please don't leave me and mom behind before this invasion is over. "