Chapter 81

" The amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and moral courage it contained. That so few now dare to be eccentric marks the chief danger of the time..."

- John Stuart Mill

(The Next Day: Outside Triskelion Building, Near Potomac River, Washington DC)

" TROOPERS! DON'T LET IT GET IN!! " the Firewing MTF Captain yelled and lead the firing.

The rest of the Rebel Forces and MTF Troopers exchanged bullets against an unknown being. The mysterious indestruc used its large tail to swipe all of the troopers and push them back along with their vehicles into the river. Some remained injured and the others drowned.

" Oh, no..." Elder Carol Danvers-Montmartre muttered in fear and saw the incident.

" Ma'am, don't go out there..." a young half-Reptilian warned and took out his star-spangled shield. " I have to handle this. "

" Look, young man. If I were you, you should stay indoors..." she seriously warned.

" But ma'am..."

" Oh, boy, what a day...." Shadow Reaper summoned his scythe as flames came out of him.

The Kree Eternal looked behind at the others who were injured and some terrified residents. Then, he formed a bright bluish-white forcefield to protect them.

Thorn kept shooting upon the Indestruc before retreating into the city and yelled, " EVERYONE! GET OUT OF HERE! "

The Indestruc roared ferociously and broke through the shield. The Triskelion residents witnessed it in fear.

" I thought that was suppose to protect us! " the Firewing MTF Trooper gasped in fear.

" Remember how it has resisted to Plot maniplation? " his partner answered.

" Oh...."

" Car-Ell, let's do this! " Methu-Selah called his wife.

" Got it, " Carol nodded.

The Kree husband and wife concentrated using their light souls and formed their photonic energy blasts, combining them into a radiant cosmic light. They instantly threw bright ball of cosmic energy and attack the indestruc. The monstrosity took the hit as it appeared to had done nothing.

" What on Hala..." the Kree Eternal anxiously muttered. " This reminded me of SCP-682..."

" That freak is too unstoppable..." Carol rasped. " There's got to be another way. Our son might be in big trouble if it comes inside the building. "

" Carol, he's still safe inside, but he's not participating in this dreaded attack. "

" If that is the case, we need to let the people outta here and stay inside. "

" Good plan, but this monstrosity is not yet over, " her husband reminded. " We need to give it a try..."

The young half-reptilian man named Joshua Rogers stood in front of the intruding indestruc. He looked at it and intently studied his attack to it. He instantly threw his vibranium star spangled shield from his great granduncle and aimed for the head.

" Yes! " Joshua happily cheered and picked it up.

" Lad, look out! " the Kree Eternal loudly cried in warning.

" Wait, wha- "

The indestruc swiped the young man using his tail and charged at him. The half reptilian one rolled over and took out his vibranium shield to protect him. The Kree Eternal formed another force field to make Joshua safe.