SEVEN

Chapter 7: Viper

Ezra Rivera

Having left the crowded arena, I wandered aimlessly for a little while. In hindsight, I probably should have asked Billy where the exit is.

Tugging at my black strands in frustration, you know what fuck it.

I took a right turn and walked before seeing a garage like building. Similar to that of Mike's shop structure. I saw a small door on the side and I thought to myself that maybe I could ask someone inside how to get out of here. Nodding mentally, I made my way over to the door.

Outside the wooden door, I could hear faint music coming from inside. Contemplating with myself on whether it was a good idea to go inside and see things I wouldn't be able to un-see or wander around more aimlessly like an idiot. Reaching forward and pushing the door, which fortunately was unlocked. Stepping inside the sound of metal banging and the music I heard outside were the first things to grace my presence. Looking back at the door, I walked further away from it.

Following the sound of music, I walked straight ahead then turned to my left. Making sure to take not of my directions this time around. Not long after I step through a cave-like entrance and I nearly have a heart attack.

So many beauties, ranging in colors from a matte black to a neon orange and coming in different sizes. I outright gawked at the sight in front of me. Internally fantasizing riding on one of them beauties but I knew that, that could never happen. I couldn't afford them what I can do for now is just look.

Mike had been kind enough to teach me how to drive a car and how to ride a bike with his own vehicles, but I would never ask him to let me borrow them. I felt like that would be overstepping the boundaries and I don't have a license yet.

While I let my eyes roam around, I spot a familiar bike, the Flaming viper's. deciding to take a closer look, knowing pretty well if he catches me, I'll most likely get beaten up.

When I got close enough I caught sight a girl's back with very familiar raven locks dawning on black skinny jeans and a familiar leather jacket. In her hand was a can of black spray paint and before I could comprehend anything she pushed down on the nozzle and the flame detailing on the bike began to disappear under the paint.

Utterly shocked, I looked around and saw no one reacting to her actions and so I walked closer to her.

Was she allowed to do that?

"Yo Viper!" a booming deep voice called out and to my surprise the girl turned her head in the direction of the voice, "what is it Roland?" she replied but that wasn't what shocked me.

It was the fact that I had come to know that voice really well. Without thinking I reached forward and grasped her shoulder gently and she turned to look at me. Finally getting a clear view of her face that displayed the emotions I was feeling, shock and confusion.

"Rikayne?!"

*

*

Monday morning, I strolled through the blue painted hallway. The eyes of the students that attended Blue-Oaks high followed my movements.

Reaching my locker, I went to unlock it when a smaller body bumped into me stopping my actions. Turning to face the person, I lock eyes with deep forest green eyes looking up at me expectantly. The student's whispers got rapid and louder.

"...what is she doing?"

"...do they know one another?"

"...are they dating?"