TWELVE

Chapter 12: His New Girlfriend.

Ezra Rivera

Dear Ezra,

I know I could have texted or called or even talked to you at school face to face but I'm too shy to ask. I don't think I can handle the reaction from you, I mean it took you some time to even agree to this whole fake dating thing we just started.

So um my uncle heard the rumors from candace, her and her big mouth. And you know he knows you. Anyways you're invited to dinner at my place because Uncle mike is a traditional man and would like to meet my open quote boyfriend close quote.

Give me your answer either text or at school.

XOXO
Rikayne.

I reread the letter twice more just to make sure I've read it right. I didn't think the rumors would exit the school premises let alone to Mike, my boss. What if he decides he doesn't like me for Rikayne and fires me.

Fuck.

I pull at my hair as the letter lays on my bed. Grabbing my phone i pull up Rikaynes contact and text her a response.

Okay I'll go when is it?

I sit on my bed and wait for her reply. I hope she knows I'm talking about the dinner mentioned in the letter.

Wait.

How do I bypass father and go to this dinner in the first place. I already got beaten to a pulp earlier today when I got back from school because I spent last night at the party and didn't come home till late afternoon. It was the first time I had ever spent a night outside the house and my father didn't like it one bit.

After beating me up, he left me lying there on the ground and I only ever got the energy to get up after thirty minutes of laying on the cold hard floor of the kitchen. I took a warm shower to ease the pain and tension and now here I was sitting on my desk chair my leg shaking as I wait for a reply on my phone.

"Ezra!" Daxon Rivera's voice reaches me in my room and I place my phone on the table and limp downstairs. I see him standing there a frown on his face as he waits for me to make my way to him.

"Yes father," I reply once im three footsteps away from him. He glanced to the left and following his gaze I catch a glimpse of purple but I don't move towards it.

"I'd like you to meet someone," he speaks his tone a little softer than his usual tone that he uses with me. He gestures to the direction where I saw the glimpse of purple.

I fully turn to it and there stood a woman around my father's age, maybe a couple of years younger. She had red hair but because of the tinge of blonde you could see at the roots, I could tell it wasn't natural red. She had on a purple blouse with a black skirt and was wearing high heels.

The similar container from the other day that I had seen laying on the kitchen counter in the clean kitchen was in her hands. I stared at her for a long time not saying anything and she equally stared back.

"Son, this is Lydia, my girlfriend."

My father's words brought me back.

HE. HAD. A GIRLFRIEND?!?!?

Him?

The most abusive man I had known in the world, who called women whores and waste of space. The one who chose to beat me up whether sober or not.

This man?

This man had gotten himself a girlfriend?

After my absolute inner shock had gone, I turned back to the woman, Lydia. A thousand questions running through my head as to what did she see in him.