EIGHT

Chapter 8: The Beginning of a Deal

Ezra Rivera

The next morning.

As I made my way into the huge brick building, the eyes of the students that follow me seem much more intense than usual. Their whispers and mutters louder than normal. I don't think they were even trying to be discrete anymore.

"...sweet Ricky and who now?... "

"...saw them yesterday at..."

"...do you think they're dating?..."

"...in the car together going..."

Wow people don't waste time, how did the story travel so fast. It hasn't even been 24 hours and yet it seemed like the whole school knew about it. I stopped at my locker to get my books for the first half of the day. As I closed my locker a girl stood in front of me. She had blonde hair and dark eyes.

She stared at me apprehensively before taking in a deep breath. I sidestepped her and  continued on my way to the library when I felt someone tug at my hoodie. Glancing back to see the same girl looking at me expectantly. I don't know what it was she wanted but I was getting annoyed.

"Can I ask you something?" she spoke timidly, letting go of my hoodie. Deciding to hear the question knowing it'll most likely be a stupid one, I nodded giving the go ahead.

"Are y-you a-a-and Ricky dating? Because you know you've been seen t-together very often nowadays?" I shrugged in response then walked away. Making my way to the library, I greet the lady at the front then go through the shelves looking for a book to read.

"Ezra!" her yell was immediately replied with a collective "shhh". Turning to see Rikayne sheepishly look down as she whispered her apologies. She hurriedly walked to me and grasped my hand leading us further into the shelves so we're more hidden.

"Sorry, but I just came to say, our plan worked amazingly. The whole school is buzzing with whispers, many people came up to me asking to confirm but I just brushed them off aaah...There was this girl Tera who..." she spoke rapidly as she tried to explain her morning to me. As she continued to rant my eyes trailed over her figure, something that I always seem to do now, when I'm with her.

Today she had on knee length black shorts with a pink top and a jean jacket on. Her wrists had gold bracelets on them with her gold chain from yesterday on her neck. "anyways, how was your morning?" she turned to ask me. Looking at her face, I knew she expected me to tell her all that I've heard and seen just like she did but i didn't see the point.

"Uh it was like always, people whispering with every step I take so...nothing out of ordinary really," I replied shrugging it off. She looked at me like she didn't believe me.

"So what did Penny want in the hallway?" she asked and I gave her a questioning look. Who was Penny.

She sighed with exasperation, "the blonde girl who stopped you," she said looking at me for any sign of recognition and then it hit me, the stuttering girl. Why would she care about what she wanted. I didn't see the point.

"Oh her, she just asked if we were dating and I didn't respond," I replied glancing at the clock only to see we have 5 minutes before class start. Bidding my good bye, I left her in the library as I rushed to class.

"Wait.." I could faintly hear her voice calling out as she tried hard not to yell.

*

*

As the lunch bell rings I mentally sigh in relief not knowing how much more of this Geography class I can take. I quickly pack my books up and dash out. Geography is the one class I don't look forward to going to. Even math is on a higher rank on my list of subjects I like. My stomach reminds me I didn't have breakfast telling me I have to endure sitting in the cafeteria today.