Scene 10 - Kallan's Desperate Chance

We cut to see Kieron's Thunderbird 1 flying from a distance around the volcano, carefully monitoring the situation.

Kieron:

I have arrived at the volcanic island. Summer has given me the position of the bombs. The energy displaced from Star Crusher has given it away for us. Thunderbird 1 to Captain James in Thunderbird 4.

The camera cuts to see the thrashing, burning volcano. More lava and ash explode out from it, looking as though the volcano will explode at any moment. Kallan's Thunderbird 4 drives along the sea to park beside the island. Her voice is heard on the radio.

Kallan:

Thunderbird 4 to Thunderbird 1, I have that position, Kieron. Thanks. I am going on foot to recover it.

Kieron:

Be careful Kallan. You don't wanna get caught in the ash or the fumes.

Kallan:

I will put on a suit then. Will throwing them out from the island stop the exploding volcano?

We see Kieron inside his ship.

Kieron:

That will do the trick. As long as it is away from the epicentre of the eruption then it will do no major catastrophic explosion. The devices are fitted with a chemical that will explode on contact with lava and trigger an explosion to blow up the rock layers so the magma chambers will be unleashed.

The fury of the explosion burns like hell. KABOOM! BAM! POW! KAPOW! KABAM! KABANG! BOOM! Kallan rushes on the island with her protective suit to find the bombs as Kieron contacts her by radio.

In doing that, the explosion will break through to the chambers, and crack the crust of the planet.

Kallan:

I've almost found the bombs.

BOOM! POW! BANG! KABANG!

Kieron:

Kallan, the volcano is about to blow any moment. Hurry!

Kallan finds the bombs. She carefully picks them up as they smoke fumes, and quickly yet cautiously hurries back to her Thunderbird. Ash fries in the air, spurting up into the air. CRASH! BOOM! POW! BANG! KABANG! KABOOM! KAPOW! KABANG! KAROAR! KAROAR! Lava trickles out from the volcano, bursting flames into the air!

Kallan! You're not going to make it!

The lava runs onto the island, Kallan doesn't stand a chance! Kieron acts fast. He blasts Thunderbird down towards the island and towards Kallan's craft! KABOOM! KAPOW! SPLASH! Everything in the volcano's path burns in the hot, sticky substance boiling with fury. Kallan picks up her pace carefully, knowing the world around her is being destroyed. Thunderbird 1 hovers over Thunderbird 4 and lowers a grab onto the ship.

Kallan, the instant you are aboard Thunderbird 4 I am towing your ship away from the island. Then, once we are clear of the island, throw the bombs carefully into the water.

KAROAR! KAROAR! KAROAR! The lava has already engulfed half the island! Kallan is about to reach her craft. KABANG! SLOMP! BOOM! POW! With blowing debris in the air and violent shaking from the erupting volcano, Kallan stumbles back to her ship.

Kallan! Come on!

KAROAR! KAROAR! KAROAR! She makes it into Thunderbird 4.

Kallan:

I'm in, Kieron!

The hatch closes, and Kallan holds on tight with the bombs in her hand, burning her hands. Kieron slams down the thrusters on Thunderbird 1. KABOOM! Thunderbird 4 is hastily taxied away from the island, just as the lava seeps across the rest of the surroundings. POW! BOOM! KABANG! KAROAR! KAROAR! KAROAR! The lava slithers into the water to burn. The rest of the island destroys itself. KARORAR! BOOM! POW! KAROAR! KAROAR! The island then bubbles and sinks into the sea. A few more spurts of rock and lava spew upwards, but the steam quickly settles. Thunderbird 1 slows down and finally comes to a stop.

Kieron! The bombs! They're burning my hands!

Kieron:

Ok Kallan! You should be able to release them now!

She opens the hatch again and gently places them into the water – much to her relief and relaxation from the burning pain. Thunderbird 1 blasts off again, knocking Kallan against the wall as the Thunderbird 4 is towed along the water again. She shuts the hatch. We see the three bracelets sinking and sinking deeper towards the depths. The two Thunderbirds are far enough now. This then cuts to see the three bracelets floating elegantly down to the ocean bed. Once they hit it – BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! POW! BANG! KABANG! The explosion bursts waves into the air. KABOOM! KAROAR! The ocean ripples. The world was safe once again – for now.

Well done, Kallan! You alright?

Kallan:

I am, Kieron. Thanks. My hands are a little burnt. Even in my protective suit. Boy, we sure got to the rescue area just in time. The bombs were ready to go and blow Remnant apart. You saved my life back at the island, Kieron. Without you taking Thunderbird 4 away from the island for me, I would have been part of the eruption.

Kieron:

It's my pleasure, Kallan. Now, should we head to Argus and help the other Thunderbirds there?

Kallan:

F.A.B. Thunderbird 1. See you there.

We see Thunderbird 1 releasing the grab from Thunderbird 4, retracting it, and then blasting off ahead. Thunderbird 4 then sinks into the ocean to reach Argus City...