Chapter 10 Reality

YOU NEED TO READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER TO UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON BUT READ AFTER YOU FINISH READING THE CHAPTER!! Or it will ruin the chapter.

Here is SUPER long chapter so enjoy it!

P.s Don't kill us.

LIGHTS! BOOK! READ!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adam's POV

I woke up and rolled out of bed. I saw it was 7 am on my alarm clock in red numbers. I went to the kitchen and found a note on the counter. Brian left a note, he usually left them so he could tell me to do stuff. I quickly scanned it and saw I had to dust, clean, vacuum, laundry, dishes, mop, fix the sink, pay the bills and take care of Lilly. Well I didn't need to take care of Lilly so that's done. The note also said he won't be back until tomorrow and expects everything to be done.

I got started, it took hours upon hours to do everything. When I was done it was 6:45 pm. I didn't even stop for lunch or breakfast and I was starving.

I decided to treat myself and go out to eat at dinner plus there was no food here. I went to my room and found my shoe box full of cash in there that I keep. Brian thinks I make way less than I actually do. Right now I have roughly 20 grand. But most of it goes to Lilly in making sure she is fed and clothed. This took me forever to get and I'm trying to save up for Lilly to go to college. But I needed to eat and 15 bucks won't be that bad of a loss. I got the money and shoved it back under my bed.

I still havn't bought myself a new coat and I couldn't. If Brian saw me in a new jacket then he would ask where I got the money, and then he would realize I have been hiding money from him and that would be the end of me.

The air was frigid and I would perfer to have a jacket but my black v neck would have to do.

I went to the diner around the corner and enveloped the warmth of the building as I opened the door and walked in.

I sat down at a booth and rubbed my hands together hoping to get some feeling back in them.

A girl I knew from school walked over to my table and asked for my order. I got a cheese buger with everything on it and fries with a root beer.

She smiled and walked off. I was left alone with my thoughts. I wonder if I was to hard on Sawyer? Nah, she was tough as nails and wouldn't be bothered about some guy said to her.

The smiling burnett waitress came back with my drink.

She didn't leave immediately and I knew she had something on her mind.

"Yes... Susie?" I said glancing at her name tag briefly.

"I was wondering... did you know there was a party tonight at Ashley's? I'm not asking you out! I have a boyfriend!" She exclaimed and she blushed as I raised an eyebrow. "I just noticed that nobody has really been nice to you... and I thought..." She trailed off not knowing how to end it.

I smiled my award winning smile. "Sure, why not? Thanks."

She smiled back and walked away

I didn't really wanna go back to my house. I didn't like how empty it was and how many bad memories are there. I like it a lot more when Lilly is there with bright energy.

When Susie brought my food I said thanks and dug into my food. I didn't realize how hungry I was and that's when I realized I didn't eat yesterday either. I scarfed down my food and layed down the whole 15 dollars knowing it would give her a good tip.