Chapter 12 Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Sawyer's POV

Screams filled my ears and I was no longer sure if it was mine, there was blood everywhere, I could taste my salty tears as they ran down my cheeks. The zipper of the body bag was deafening and final.

I jolted awake my heart going haywire. When I realized that I wasn't in the past and the event was a year ago, my heart started to slow. I sat up and took in my surroundings and my heart instantly went back to it's fast pace. I saw white cracked walls that weren't mine. And two twin sized beds that were in no way mine. The room was barely big enough for both beds and there was a small window that took up most of the little bit of wall space there was.

I couldn't remember what happened last night, and I didn't know where I was, that wasn't a good combination. I looked under the covers quickly, seeing I was fully clothed besides my shoes, I sighed in relief.

I heard voices outside the door. I couldn't make out what they were saying, though I could tell it was a girl and a boy.

My head was fuzzy, but I forced myself out of the bed that smelt so good and was familiar.

I opened the door hesitantly and walked carefully as I could down the hallway but the damn floor creaked.

So much for sneaking out. I would have went out the window but it was such a large drop without a fire escape.

All noise stopped in the house when the floor board creaked.

I heard a familiar deep voice say sternly. "Stay here. I mean it." I couldn't quite place the pleasent voice though.

I debated on running back to the bedroom and throwing myself out the window, who knows maybe I'll grow wings on the way down.

Right when I was about to turn around and run for it the familiar voice made an appearance.

Adam was disheveled, his hair stuck up in all directions and had plaid red pajama pants hanging low with a white t shirt on. His eyes were a bright vibrant blue that had a light in them that I have only seen in those pictures. He had a nervous smile on his face.

"Where am I?" I whispered.

"Welcome to home sweet home!" Adam said and patted the wall.

I stood there and gaped at him, not sure what to say exactly.

He rubbed the back of his head nervously. "Pancakes?"

I heard a cheery little girl's voice yell from the other side of the room I would presume, "They're chocolate chip and Adam made them! He's the best cook EVER! He would be the best boyfriend ever wouldn't he?!" I heard her giggles.

I pursed my lips in a effort not to laugh as Adam turned a interesting shade of red.

I walked past him as he ran his hands down his face.

There was a tiny kitchen, a table and two chairs in the living room, with a couch, and a recliner and a very old looking TV.

I sat down across from the little girl and I instantly knew she was from the photos on Adam's locker. She had a t shirt that said Dreams with a rainbow and it was purple. She had jeans on and her hair was in a bun on the top of her head. She was so cute.

I smiled at her and she grinned at me with a bunch of food in her mouth. It instantly reminded me of Dean from Supernatural and why his name is squirrel.

I giggled and she continued to shovel pancake in her mouth.

Adam moved his empty plate out of the way and got me a clean one from the cabinet. He tried to pick one up off the burner but burned himself. He quickly removed his hand from the pan. "FUDGE!"