TWO

"You know Merlin I'm glad I've met you '' Y/N said smiling while resting her head on Merlin's shoulder as they were sitting on the grass admiring the nature around them.

"Oh yeah, why's that?" He said with a smirk.

"I don't know, it's just ever since I've met you, I feel like I can do anything. When I'm with you I feel so happy, like I don't have a care in the world for anything. We go on all these amazing mini-adventures and laugh together. like it's just meant to be." Merlin blushed from the last part. "And to be honest if I hadn't ever met you, I'd probably be stuck in the palace all day every day, doing my duties" Y/N sighed. "Which is, there's something I've been meaning to tell you..." Silence filled in the air as Merlin waited for the girl's response.

"I'm getting married after my upcoming birthday." Merlin looked at her with wide eyes.

"M-Married!?" Y/N nodded while looking him in the eyes. "Too who?!" Merlin said with disbelief.

"Prince Dominic." Y/N sighed back.

"Him?! Y/N did you even meet the guy? He's a total douche, all he cares about is himself!" Merlin said with his arms on the girl's shoulders.

"I've actually never met him..." The e/c-eyed girl said, looking away from Merlin.

"Do you love him?" Merlin said in a tone "What?" Y/N said back looking back at him "I said. Do you love him?"

"I-" Silence was filed once again. "No, no I don't."

"Then don't marry him," Merlin stated.

"Merlin I wish I could but I have to, it's only right for a princess too-"

"No Y/N, you should have a choice. You don't need to marry a guy that you don't love, let alone know him thoroughly. It should be your choice" Merlin took his hand and placed it on the girl's cheek. "Choose someone you love, Y/N." Y/N looked up at his face. Both looked into each other's eyes and closed them slowly while leaning in close.

*Bells from the castle chime"

Y/N gets out of a trance and opens her eyes and blushes madly at the state they were in. She then realizes the dinner tonight, "Merlin what time is it?" Merlin opens his eyes with his cheeks a light shade of pink. He then backs away a bit, giving the girl some space.

"U-Uhm" Merlin then looks at the sunset, and then back at the girl. "I think it's almost noon. Why is there something wrong?"

"Noon?!" The girl gets up rather quickly and brushes off specks of dirt from her dress. Merlin just looks at her.

"Uh, if you don't mind me asking again, why are you rushing? " He tilts his head a bit.

"Merlin, I have dinner with the Isidore family tonight! I've got to get back to the palace before my mother finds out I'm gone!" Merlin gets up rather quickly also.

"Well then princess, shall we go back?" She nodded at the boy's response.

Both start running through the forest back to the palace, making sure no one notices them. Merlin takes Y/N back to her balcony as if nothing had happened. Both landed on their feet. Y/N turns around to face the boy. "Thank you, Merlin, that really helped me clear my mind for a bit." She smiled,

"It is my pleasure, my lady." Merlin takes Y/N's hand and kisses it which made her giggle.

"See you next time Merlin" she started walking away from the boy.

"Yep, see you soon too princess." He watched as the princess walked away from him, and then smiled to himself at the time that they'd spent together. Merlin then used his magic to get down from her balcony.