Vincent x OC (MC)

So I saw this picture a while ago and I was going to make an animatic based on it but then I realised I can't draw. So instead, I'm writing about it. I don't know who made the art but credits to them.

Told from Charles' point of view.

OC used:
Riley (MC)
She/Her
27

.

A light breeze passed by, tousling golden hair. Locks like sunshine matched the smile his companion had, it too holding such light. A light that was once mine.

That's why she had left me. "You're too possessive," she claimed in the midst of our fight. I only wanted her to be safe, and the best way was to keep her for myself. She's a free spirit, though, and she wished to see her friends. She wanted to speak to other men, ones who looked at her in a way only I could.

When she left, I was heartbroken. The morning after our fight, she was gone before I woke. I remember lord Vlad telling me how she had packed up all her possessions and gone back to Le Comte's. Her and my lord had passed in the hallway as she was leaving, "He's crazy," he recalled her saying. He didn't need to tell me to know she had been referring to me.

I had stayed in the castle for days, shying away from any sunlight and the many people in town I knew. What would they think of me if they saw. What would happen when I didn't smile and happily greet them. They would surely think I was pathetic for losing myself over a woman. But she's just so...

Voivodë told me I needed to get outside for a while, this was encouraged by the doctuer. Eventually, I caved. I showered, brushed my hair and donned fresh clothes, I actually felt better.

I greeted my patients and friends in town, my smile, being fake at first, actually turning genuine. But my mood (and stomach) dropped when I saw the sight in front of me.

My dear, precious Riley hanging around with one of Comte's vampires. A man I had seen occasionally but never formally met, all I knew was his name.

Vincent Van Goh.

I felt a deep anger surge through me, watching them laugh and smile, hands entwined. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists, hidden by the shade of the alley I was standing in.

How dare he touch her. She was mine and mine alone. She was ever since we met, I claimed her heart and nothing would stop our love. Even when she ended it, I knew she couldn't actually mean it, we're destined to always be together. Our love is forever and if I have to kill someone to keep it that way, I would.

I don't care if this guy was sweet, or if he was "an angel" as everyone said. Riley is mine. I love her more than anyone else ever could, and she loves me too.

But my love being sad, that was worse than anything I could ever imagine. Through all my years, vampire and human, nothing compared to the pain that throbbed in my chest when she was sad. And if her friend died? She would cry until she lost all her moisture.

So I save her feelings and keep to the shadows. I admire her from afar, I relish in the smiles she gives and the way her hair flows. If only I could reach out and touch it, if only I could turn into the wind and play with her hair at my will.

I want her.

I need her.

I love her.

.

I was bored so I wrote this, sorry for not updating.

Please try and eat something.

- Author :)