Jamie's apology - Angst

Dear Riley,

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry, but I have chosen my side and so have you. You always took care of me, you loved me like no one else ever has, and it's breaking me that we are parting like this.

I'm not great at writing letters, so this probably sounds weird and stupid. The mansion residents see Vlad and the others as the bad guys, and you probably see them that way too. I understand based on the circumstances that they appear that way. I'm not asking you to see them how I do, I know that's impossible.

We both know I've always been a little different. The people I connect with are different too. However, I have my own opinions on things and I am more appealed by Vlad's ideals than Comte's.

I don't know if we'll see each other again, not properly anyway. I want you to know that I love you, I always have and I will continue to keep loving you. You're my sister, my family, and you gave me light when I had nothing. And whilst you will always be my sister, I have another family that needs me and I need too.

I'm sorry, Riley. Please forgive me.
.

Riley set down the piece of parchment. She looked out the window, tears spilling down her face.

"I need you too," she whispered solemnly into the wind.

This is shit.