1

Rye'Lnn  Nelson                                                            Chicago , IL  📍                                                                         

     Waking up to the sound of my alarm I look over at my nightstand to see a picture of me and my dad ; putting the picture face down on the stand I processed to make my way to the bathroom to start my hygiene stuff for today .

As I brushed my teeth ; looking in the mirror my mind started to drift .

(flashback)

"Damn this red light long "my father said

dad language

"My bad honey .....So how was work today ?"

It was good

" Imma go pick yo car up tomorrow , Jaydon called and said they was done "

Ok I said putting in my airpods and glazing out the passenger side window.Next thing I know I see two flashes and a figure in all black , reflection on my window . When I look over all I can see is my father with blood gushing out of his mouth causing him to gaps for air because of the two bullet holes in his chest .

Don't let go I gotchu .... Somebody help me!!! I see his eyes start to close ,Dad please don't leave me here I'll do better, I promise .....please somebody help me !! I said screaming

(flashback over)

Splashing my face with water I hop in the shower to finish my routine.

I walk to my closet pulling out my black dress I didn't feel like doing any makeup so I pull my hair back into a bun ;did my edges and put in my hoop earring .I slide into my red bottoms heels and grab my keys making my way to the door .Before I could open it I remembered what my dad always told me "your weakness is always going be someone else's strength "I wiped my singular tear that ran down my face and started making my way to my fathers funeral.

I wanna thank you all for coming out I said into the mic looking at a room packed of people crying and letting their heads hang low .As I finished my speech I wanted to cry but I just couldn't . I turned to my father and placed a kiss on his forehead before they lowered him down .

Walking back to my car I could feel a presence following me I pulled my gun out and turned around pointing it

"Calm down It's just me " he says throwing his hands up in defense

and you are ? I said cocking the gun back

"Kadon ...... K3"

let me guess you one of my dad's corner boys

"Ya some like that "

What, my dad wanting you to look after me or some

"Pretty much"

I'm fine I said lowering my gun

"Ya I can see that" he said pointing to my gun

"Well we having a kickback memorial at the trap for your dad if you wanna slide "

Naw I'm good I said getting in my car and driving off

Walking back into my house .I started to think about how my days where going to be without my dad. Siting on the bed his I picked the picture up and started crying . I felt a presence standing over me but this time it felt more familiar but nobody was there. I'll do right by you, no matter what I promise . I just sat there in ball and cried myself to sleep .

Welcome .....

How ya'll feeling ?

Make sure to vote and comment ( I need feedback )