Thirteen: Just Friends...?

Akaashi's POV

I spent three hours at the hospital just talking to Y/n. I just couldn't stop. I had missed her so much. It was as if she didn't have any illness at all. Just me and her, talking as friends. 

Friends.

Is that what we were? Maybe it was just me worrying about her, but I felt something for her. I thought back to the time we kissed under the rain. Was that a friendly kiss? Why would friends even be kissing in the first place. I shook away my thoughts and tried to concentrate on Y/n's voice.

It was impossible. I kept thinking and thinking about it. Y/n and I are friends. Y/n and I are friends. Y/n and I are not just friends. 

Did she feel the same way?

"Y/n, I've been meaning to tell you something." I interrupted abruptly. What was I doing? I tried to stop myself, but I couldn't. It was as if my mouth and tongue had their own mind and wanted to do their own thing. 

She stopped talking and looked me dead in the eye. "What is it?" 

I gulped, sweat dripping from my brow. Nervous doesn't even begin to explain what I was feeling at that moment. I was put on the spot. "U-um." I stammered. Her stern look turned my legs to jelly and my stomach began to act like a gymnast high on cocaine. 

"I... just wanted to tell you how much I missed you and how much I worried about your condition and stuff." I forced an awkward smile that probably looked like I was trying not to throw up.

I swore that I saw her face fall. Maybe it was just my imagination. Maybe I wanted her to feel disappointed that I didn't say what I always say in my head whenever I saw her.

I love you.

A/N: Yes, this chapter is short and I haven't posted in a while. But like, I'm the goddamn author of this goddamn book. I can do whatever I want. 

But seriously I will post a WAYYY longer chapter. Just, like, sorry. Super busy and stressed out rn. T_T    TwT

Cheers, everyone! (Sorry again.)