:12

"We do not remember days, we remember moments." -Cesare Pavese

"Alright now ya'll make some noise for this year's graduating class!" The DJ blared all across the building. The crowd went wild just before the music cut back on. We were at this club like lounge and everybody was out tonight. Mainly the newly grads out celebrating their accomplishment.

Me and Kayla posed for Tae's video before she turned the camera back on herself. Boy we had a time this night! Little did I know, all my troubles would come tomorrow morning... But it all started because of this night.

*****

I groaned trying to open my eyes, fighting against the light of the sun. I gave them a good rub as I tried to sit up. Finally opening up, I looked around confused. Tae slept next to me with her mouth wide open, snoring like a train with Kayla asleep next to her.

Taking in the scenery of the bland living room of Tae's momma's apartment, my mind slowly was coming back to me. All of us was laid up on a big blanket that was laid across the living room floor. I tapped my hands around the covers that laid on me in search of my phone not being able to find it. All I wanted to do was check the time. I couldn't even remember how I made it back here.

I nudged Tae making her choke up in her sleep. I nudged her again. "Where my phone? What time it is?"

"Ion know." She mumbled turning her back to me while I shuffled around.

Loud banging went off at the screen door making us all jump. Kayla jumped up out her sleep with her eyes wide before we saw Tae's auntie walk across the room to open the door.

"Alright!!" She yelled from the constant banging as she opened the door. My heart nearly stopped when I seen Quamir standing in the doorway holding my baby.

His eyes instantly met mine. "Bruh get the fuck up and come on."

I hurriedly snatched the covers off me and scurried around the room to grab whatever was mine.

"Asia, I know you not rushing fah Quamir's ass. You don't have a hangover?" I could hear Tae ask in a groggy voice.

"Say man, mind ya business." Quamir said while rolling his eyes.

"And mind ya business." Her auntie added as she stood with one hand on her hip while holding the door open for me.

I got my shit together and hopped in the car with Quamir. He pressed on the gas sending me flying back into the seat.

"Gotta nigga calling ya phone looking fah yo ass. You don't know how to answer the fucking phone bruh? I let yo ass go out last night and you can't even answer the phone. What typa shit is that?"

I could see the vein in his neck bulging letting me know he was really mad. His head kept looking from me to the road as he drove. I choose not to speak just because I had a banging headache and my stomach was turning. I'd probably have a lethal mouth just from the way I was feeling so I decided not to even entertain him.

"Yo ass can't talk? Where the fuck yo phone at bruh?"

"Can't find it." I mumbled.

"So you stayed out all night shaking ya ass, lost yo phone, and ended up sleeping at that bitch house. Asia please don't play with me right now for real." He fussed while pulling out his phone and tapping at his screen. I looked over & seen my contact he was calling. The phone continuously rung before somebody eventually answered on the last ring.

My head snapped when I heard a barbrian tone on the other end of the phone. The phone wasn't even on speaker & I could hear clearly.

"Say man, who the fuck is this?"