:06

"There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved." -George Sand

One Week Later...
I eyeballed myself in the mirror and didn't know if I was trippen or what... I couldn't be trippen. I was getting wider and just all around bigger. My face was getting fatter and my body was getting thicker. I was scared I was going to continue to gain weight in the places I didn't want it.

I was dressed nice in a simple black dress that stopped above my knees. I also wore a simple black heel which wasn't too high. My hair was done in yet another ponytail but I wore it low and straight with a part in the middle. I had on little to no makeup with a pair of long fluffy eyelashes and a pair of fake pearl earrings.

Today was the day of Marcello's funeral. Of course I was going to go and show my support, especially with him and Sevyn being like family to me. The whole thing was still kind of a hard pill to swallow.

"Nah you ready?", Quamir annoyingly asked while walking into his bathroom where I was taking selfies. I know I was going to a funeral and all, but I couldn't help how cute I thought I looked. I took pictures not matter the occasion.

"Yea.", I mumbled while smacking on my gum and going through the pictures in my phone.

"It take you two hours to get ready fah a damn funeral? You know at the end all they gone do is put the nigga in the ground.", He smartly said while walking off making me follow behind him.

"Shut up. You know I always gotta look good no matter the occasion.", I grabbed my little cross body purse before walking out the house.

"That's ya fucking problem nah. Always wanna show off in front of niggas.", He mugged as we both got inside his red G Wagon and he started the engine before pulling off.

"Mir please. Ya need'a start showing me off and stop taking me fah granted before somebody else do."

I felt eyes on me making me turn my head with my phone at hand. Quamir was looking at me like I had just lost my mind.

"What?", I asked jerking my head back.

"Stop fucking playing with me, don't get slapped Asia. I'aa kill you and whatever nigga thinking he bout'a show you off.", He gripped the steering wheel while leaning back with this mug on his face.

"Well I'm just saying.", I rolled my neck. "It's niggas out'cha wanting a nice lil girlfriend to show off and take care of, and treat like a queen. Don't fuck up, cause another mans lost is another mans treasure."

"Bitch-", He grabbed me by my neck pulling me closer to him. "Don't ever tell me some shit like that. A nigga really out'cha trying fah yo ole stupid ass. Asia, please don't make me go back to my old ways."

I breathed heavily as he looked from me and the road where he was still driving. Quamir was sweet when he wanted to be and sometimes he just wasn't sweet at all. However, this... I put this upon myself for saying what I said.

I looked into Quamir's dark brown eyes where his eyebrows were squinted as he looked back at me. He had a deep brown skin tone and was on the slim side. He always kept his hair nappy and neatly faded on the sides with a crisp hairline. To me and a lot others, he was fine but he just had a attitude problem at times.

"Alright Quamir, damn.", I pulled back from him with a mug. I fixed myself while he stared at the road with one hand on the wheel and the other holding his head up. He started shaking his head at what just occurred and didn't even bother to look at me.

In no time, we was pulling up to the funeral home and it was obvious we wasn't early judging by the parking lot. After parking, me and Quamir got out and walked together. We looked like a good ass young couple from the outside, especially since we was both dressed nice.