:01

MATURE AUDIENCE!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." -Carol Burnett

"I cant wait to have my King. He's been cutting up in there", I watched as Brittany, a student in my class rub at her six month belly. Currently we didn't have a teacher so this was always social hour/ snack hour/ sleep hour/ everything else you don't do when you have a teacher hour.

Her friend beside her laughed making her nine month pregnant belly jump. This wasn't unusual if that's what your thinking. Here at Southside High, that was ... normal. So normal to the point of adding a daycare for the teen moms who had class. This adjustment was made three years ago when the population of teen moms increased yearly. Of course this was a good idea; I ain't been hearing nobody complaining about it.

"Girl, you know our sons gone be like- best friends right?", Ta'Keyah smiled while slapping hands with Brittany. "They gone be fucking shit up, alright.", Brittany added.

"And I'm gone be the one to whip they lil bad asses when they start knocking down everybody trashcans outside. Let me catch'em.", Tae barged in the conversation earning a chuckle from both Brittany and Ta'Keyah.

Tae was my friend... She been my girl for like two years now. Her real name was Doctavia Collins but everybody stuck with just calling her Tae. We had one conversation and we just clicked, been friends ever since. She was truly the hoodest of us all. It was written all over her. Well, it was written all over us but she had it the most. With dark melanin skin, her signature wine colored weave, and extra long squared shaped nails.

Me and Sevyn eyed each other before chuckling at Tae's comment along with the rest of the group that surrounded us.

"Now Tae you know my child not go be like those other rugrats running around our street.", Brittany smiled. Tae gave her a face before turning away, having an idea that Brittany's child would indeed be just like those 'rugrats'.

I could see it now, Brittany and Ta'Keyah's babies running around outside in saggy pampers with snotty booger noses and dirty stained up clothing. Shaking my head, their first words would probably be curse words. That's just how I see it... how everyone see's it.

The bell sounded making everyone jump up. The scraping noises of chairs and desks was made as everyone rushed out the door. The hallways was cluttered up like always when the final bell rung and being that today was a Friday made it just that much crazier. The last day of school before a well needed spring break was here.

"Whats up with you?", My girl Sevyn asked our other friend Kayla. Now Kayla was a different story compared to me, Tae, and Sevyn. Kayla actually had something going for herself. The girl was super smart, had both her parents at home, and wasn't really struggling like the rest of us.

Kayla pushed her curly hair behind her ear while slamming her locker shut. "The Spanish test I took Monday. I studied all weekend just to get a C."

"A C!", Tae shouted from behind me earning a jump from all of us. "Kay you trippen hard girl. You know what I'd do for a C in Spanish? A C is passing."

"Well for me it isn't. I don't accept C's. Only A's and B's." She held her manicured hand up while picking off imaginary lent.

"You are too much", Sevyn said before walking off. "Really", Tae added while following behind Sevyn.

I looked at Kay and smirked before putting my arm across her shoulder and walked behind them. "Girl its gone be alright. I mean, be happy you did get a passing grade. I know I would."

"Yea you right. Its just that I pushed myself so hard... I really was expecting something like a B."

"I knowww. But you gone be alright.", I hugged her dramatically while we both laughed.