:13

"Life without dreaming is a life without meaning." -Wale

I woke my ass up bright and early today. You know the early bird catches the worm and I had some big ones I was after. I was laid back in the bed of my old room. Ain't much changed about it other then me taking my clothes and shit.

Baby Lai was still knocked out but I knew that she would be waking up soon so I used the time to my advantage. I got up and headed for the bathroom that was right across the hall. I took me a good quick shower, brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I slid on a fresh pair of under garments before standing up in front of the little mirror above the sink. My lip had this cut and a purple tint on it. Everything on my face was good other then the weary look I had to me. It's like you could physically see in my face that I was tired despite getting some sleep last night.

I went back into my old room and rummaged through some drawers til I found some makeup. I stood in front the body mirror that hung against the door and tried my best to color correct the bruise on my lip. Afterwards, I snatched the bonnet from my head and ran my fingers through the tangled up wig that was still glued down.

I fixed up the wig and threw it into a low bun before throwing on some clothes. I had on a simple navy blue causal set with a pair of slides. Just like clock work, I heard the whines of my baby waking up.

I lifted her from the bed, kissed her face and soothed her. I felt so bad and knew that she was feeling uncomfortable. I changed her diaper then carried her and her things to the front room.

I got my baby a bottle and her medicine ready before I sat down and fed her. I lied back against the old sofa set my momma had. The rays of the sun was going straight through the blinds lighting up the front room and kitchen. I looked down at my baby who had her little hand tangled up in her wild hair. This girl was so young but shared so many similarities to her daddy, it was crazy.

Speaking of him, I was starting to wonder where he was and what he was doing. I was so mad at him for leaving me and Baby Lai last night. He know he could've stayed his ass home with us. The insecure part of me just knew he was probably laid up with that bitch. Can you believe this bitch really had the audacity to pop up at my house in my nigga's car. Thinking about it just made me want to beat that hoe up all over again.

It's one thing for you to be sneaking and fucking my nigga behind closed doors but for you to come where his family laid their heads. That right there was a no-no. This bitch had me all the way fucked up.

"What yo ass in here doing?" I jumped hearing my momma's voice as she walked into the front room and into the kitchen.

"Just... Feeding Laila." I said having to think about what I was actually doing. I was so lost up in my thoughts, I had blacked out for a minute.

"You need to be getting your shit together to go meet Bianca." She said while fooling with her coffee maker.

I sighed and didn't saying anything. I focused on looking down at my baby as she ate.

"Uh miss girl, I'm not playing with you. I know damn well you ain't change your mind?"

"No ma. Please, I don't need a lecture right now, for real. I went through enough shit yesterday." I rolled my eyes knowing that she couldn't see my face.

"You made ya bed and now you have to lay in it." She walked over and sat down on the loveseat as she sipped from her mug.

"You knew what type of boy Quamir was. I don't know if you thought having his baby was gone change him because sweetheart, let me tell you, it don't. I should know, I got three baby daddy's and I can't stand neither one of them bastards."