:04

"Luck is great but most of life is hard work." -Iain Duncan Smith 

Weeks Later...
It been weeks now since I been working. Quamir kept his word and let me use his car when I told him I had gotten the job. I was happier than ever when I found out I had got the job at a local supermarket which wasn't too far from the Mall where Sevyn was working at.

It was time for me to get off and I was checking out my last customers for the day. I was especially happy that yesterday was pay day and I had money I could spend.

After clocking out, I wasted no time walking out the doors. I quickly made it through the parking lot, hit the locks on the keypad and got inside the red Charger. After starting up the car I couldn't help but to notice two girls sitting in a beat up car across from me. They were both watching me with mugs on their faces as if they knew me. I shook it off while backing out the parking space and drove off headed for the mall.

I looked over myself in the full length mirror inside of Footlocker. I was dressed in a plain white shirt, some jeans with white slip on Vans. I had my hair wrapped up in a bun from being washed the day before and my face was bare with just lashes and lipgloss on.

"These the ones you was talking 'bout?", Sevyn questioned me while walking out from the back. She pointed to some shoes that were sitting in a case as she walked by.

"Yes.", I said while looking back. "Those the ones. Since I got me a job now, I can keep my shoe game up and stay looking fly."

She laughed while coming sit next to me on the bench. "Now you about to spend all the money you need to be saving, on some shoes."

"Nahh, not just on some shoes. I'm planning on going buy me the new iPhone too and get rid of this shit.", I said while holding up my cracked up iPhone.

She shook her head at me while fishing her ringing phone from out of her pocket and answering it. I got up and walked around while looking at all the shoes displayed. I made mental notes on all the shoes I wanted and would eventually come back and buy since I had money.

I walked without looking and bumped into somebody making me look up. I was lost for words and noticed three other guys sitting on the side watching me.

"You not gone say excuse me?"

"Uhh, more like excuse you. I know you seen me walking.", I said with one of my hands on my hip. I looked back at the guys just to notice they was still looking at me. Like what the fuck y'all staring at me so hard for.

"And you too old to not be watching where you walk.", Kaine answered back with a straight face looking down at me.

"Whatever cause I ain't apologizing.", I said attempting to walk off.

"Alright Asia."

I quickly looked back while he kept that same straight face but this time with a lifted eyebrow. Almost like he was waiting for my reaction and a reaction was exactly what he was about to get.

"How you know that girl name?", Somebody he was with asked before they started laughing.

"You know me", He shrugged his shoulders while we just continued to look at each other.

"Asia, you ca run me by the hospital real quick?", Sevyn said walking up to me.

"Yea, whats wrong?", I asked as we both walked off. I briefly looked back and Kaine was still watching me with a intense glare that made me turn away first.

"They saying Marcello got in a accident. That's all I know."

**********