:09

"Belief in oneself and knowing who you are, I mean, that's the foundation for everything great."-Jay-Z

Time Later...
"You all would want to buckle down. Graduation is right around the corner. A lot of you have little to no room to be slacking."

I sighed as I finished off my notes before closing my notebook and sliding my pen into the spiral part. The bell went off and I hurriedly got up and headed straight out of the building. I hated being in school, especially today for some reason. I just couldn't deal with it.

On top of that, I had work later on and I wasn't feeling that either. It was just one of those days where I wanted to be left alone and chill in the bed all day. I was now seven months pregnant with Baby Lai (lay). Yes, my baby already had a nickname that we had been calling her.

Time seemed to fly by through my pregnancy but mostly because It wasn't acknowledged until later in my second trimester. I couldn't wait to have my baby, my feet was hurting, back was aching, I stayed hungry and hot.

"Asia!" I heard Tae's loud ass mouth from way behind me. I stopped and looked back as she sped walked to me with a big smile on her face.

"Hey Auntie's baby", She coed while rubbing over my visible stomach making me smack at her gesture.

"Girl shutup. I'ma talk to my niece if I wanna.", She rolled her eyes. "You gotta see what I bought for you but you can't get itttt.", She said in more of a teasing way.

"Really Tae? Is it for me or for the baby?", I placed my hand on my hip.

She laughed. "Fah the baby duh, you ain't special no moe."

"Hey ya'll.", Kayla walked up to us. We greeted her back as we all started walking towards the parking lot to leave school.

"Ya'll talked to Sevyn lately? Why she ain't come to school today?", Kayla asked making Tae shrugged her shoulders and look at me. I did the same gesture.

"Nah I haven't."

"She don't need to be missing no days now. Not when we close to graduating."

We all nodded in agreement before I hopped into the passenger seat of Kayla's car and we headed to Quamir's apartment. Me and my mother still wasn't seeing eye to eye and it seemed as if she wasn't worried about it either. I stayed right where I was at and that was with Quamir.

Living with him was okay. It had its up and downs. Sometimes we got along and laughed and sometimes we argued and fought. He could be disrespectful at times but I put up with it. Like today...

I walked into the apartment with my school notebook and phone at hand. I instantly rolled my eyes seeing Quamir and all five of his boys sitting on the sectional couch smoking and playing the game loudly.

"Really Quamir? Ya'll in here smoking all that shit like I'm not pregnant."

"Man just go in the back til we done."

I side eyed him and he payed me no mind as he continued to talk.

"I'm guessing you gone do this when she get here too right?"

He shook his head before blowing out a cloud of smoke and passing his blunt over. "Baby Lai gone be alright. Ain't like I'm gone be blowing smoke in her face or nothing."

"Yea Asia. My momma smoked all around the house when she was pregnant with my lil brudda and- after she had him, and he turned out just fine.", One of his friend's said while looking from me to the game.

"Speaking of house, I thought you was gone see about getting us another place? We don't have that much time left.", I leaned against one of my legs after sitting my notebook down on the table. This little one bedroom apartment was not going to do it for us once the baby comes.