:07

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." -Katharine Hepburn

2 Weeks Later...
I sighed while looking out the window at Quamir's mom's house. His people were currently having a family cook out and Mir wanted me to tag along. I honestly wasn't in the mood today. I was tired and just wanted to lay in bed and sleep all day.

You could see people parking they're cars in the yard and walking around the gate to the backyard where everyone was. It was a nice hot but cool day, perfect for a cook out.

"Let's go.", He hopped out the truck making me purposely sigh loudly and get out the truck. I walked around the truck and followed him up to the front porch before he turned around and looked at me.

"Don't be having that long face around my moms, you already know how she is."

I pursed my lips together while rubbing at my arm that was kind of sore. Two days ago Quamir decided to act like my daddy and pull me by my arm out of his way. The nigga was doing like he still was mad at me or something.

"Well maybe I wouldn't be having a long face if you would'a just let me stay home. I don't feel like mingling with people, for real."

"We ain't staying here that long man, quit complaining. Ya' big greedy ass don't want no food?"

"I ain't in the mood fah no nasty ass barbecue.", I scrunched my face up while thinking about it. "- I want a chalupa from Taco Bell and a strawberry cheesecake snowball with condense milk."

"What? You don't even eat Taco Bell.", He made a confused face.

"Oh well. Nah I do. That's what I want, not that barbecue."

"Aight whatever, I'aa get ya' stuff later.", He waved me off.

"How? The snowball stand closing in a hour."

"Asia.", He gave me a warning look showing I was starting to aggravate him. I did nothing back but kept quiet while he opened up the door letting me walk in. We walked into the kitchen where it was mainly women inside talking and fixing food.

"Look'a my baby Mir.", Quamir's aunt turned around towards him and gave him a hug while he kissed her on the cheek. She turned to the side and kind of eyed me before smiling and telling me hi. I simply greeted her back.

The backdoor opened revealing Quamir's mom walking through it. "'Bout time ya'll got here. They been asking fah you Mir.", She pointed towards the door.

He gave her a quick hug before leaving  me and going outside. I hated when he did stuff like that. Bring me somewhere around his family then leave me knowing I'm not a people person.

"So Asia what you been up to? I haven't been seeing you as much.", Ms. Tasha, his mom said while she and the women continued to mess around in the kitchen.

"Nothing really and I've just been busy with school and working. That's all.", I answered while pulling a chair from the island and sitting down.

"Oh you work now?", One of his aunts asked while looking back at me.

I nodded my head with a smile on my face. "Yes ma'am."

"Good and graduation right around the corner. You gone have a graduation party?"

I shrugged my shoulders as if his mom could see me. "I don't really know yet. I don't have a lot of family or friends. So I don't think it would be worth it."

"Well you don't have to have a big one. Girl have one so you can get ya' some graduation money.", His aunt laughed while the rest agreed.

"And I see you done went and got'chu a new style. You going natural now?", The aunt asked me while admiring my hair. I had just dyed it blue black, with a side part and curled it up. I was really happy my short hair had fit me well.